Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 dodge ram 2500 cummins, it currently has 164,000 miles on it. Now i have the edge juice with attitude on it. The truck cuts out at about 80, and it was doiing it at 40mph today also. the fuel pressure is at 34 it never changes. it has an airdog 150 on it that was put on about a year ago. i also put new filter and water seperator on about 3 months ago. it seems like ever since i changed the filters i have been having issues. the truck also has a brand new tps sensor on it also so im stomped i hope someone can help thanks derek. :banghead:

·
Vendor
1,668 Posts
34 PSI:shock: You shouldn't have any more than 20 at idle or you risk damaging the diaphragm inside the VP, If it has a 150 it should have come with a 15-17 PSI spring I would check fuel pressure with a reliable fuel pressure gauge as your sender might be shot. As for the cutting out it could be an existing APPS issue or electronic VP44 issue, check codes by doing the key trick (turn the truck off, cycle the key 3 times on the third time keep the key in the on position "don't start the truck" and your odometer should display stored and current codes.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Must be something jamming the relief valve in your lp.34psi is far to high, 20psi is the absolute max.

Reactions: Tomczaksdiesel

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Whenever the fuel pressure sensor is not hooked up and getting a reading the monitor is supposed to read 34 psi and that is exactly what edge told me so i would check the connection on the sensor

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea im gonna have to say the fuel pressure guage is shot on the edge the truck dosent have hard start issues. i also forgot to tell you guys that it was misfiring at a redlight only once and it hasent done it since then!

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Is it throwing any codes? After seeing that video, it better be!!! :shock:

·
Registered
510 Posts
make sure your grounds are clean and away from heat, sometimes the ground that goes over top of the down pipe on the firewall can get loose and hang down close to the down pipe

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
no nothin lol the only thing it said was the odometer said no bus so im thinkin the pcm but i dont wanna go blow 1000 dollars if i dont have to lol lol lol

See if you can find a used one that works. If it straightens things out then it won't be so bad spending the big bucks for a new one. :hehe:

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,636 Posts
pull the edge off first. Always remove any programmers or chips when try to trouble shoot , in order to remove it as the problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Edge is off and its the same thing the issue goes away for a couple days then comes back hard dosent wanna go over go cuts out stalls u name it it does it battery lever jumps around also

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,636 Posts
if charging is jumping around then its more then like the pcm, since its what controls the charging and a few other things on the 2nd gen. Mite have the edge checked out since i have read several times that some of them are shorting out. Last time i bought a pcm it was only like 250 or so not a grand. ECM on the other hand is big bucks, but like i said the pcm controls charging and such.

·
Registered
869 Posts
no bus is its not getting info all the way around, go clean your ground, check them all make sure they are good, check that big nut in our fuse box that holds down that white box deal...

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Them nuts are all stripped. Dont feel bad i think they make them that way?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.