Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is, shockling enough, in the shop right now and the reason the diesel tech's cannot work on it is that all the Dodge diesel techs in the DFW area and for what I must believe is larger area are at Market Hall right now getting briefed and trained by Cummins.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Its not the Cummins thats the problem, its the DPF system that MB designed and Chrysler put on the trucks. Cummins didn't have a hand in that.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My dealer's #1 diesel tech was deployed to Iraq. They've got the junior varsity working on the trucks.

I'd like to know what's new in the training session.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
Its not the Cummins thats the problem, its the DPF system that MB designed and Chrysler put on the trucks. Cummins didn't have a hand in that.
Cummins had a much larger hand in then you may think. All because somebody engineered and built something that is put on the engine does not mean that Cummins had no part in it. Thats like saying Cummins had no part in the Common Rail Fuel system on the truck. Cummins Does not produce the Injectors, Rail, or CP3 pump. Cummins dont build the Turbo either but when one fails (6.7) it gets next day back to the Cummins Engineers for research. There Engineers had a huge part in that to make it work on there engine. Thats not a off the shelf component that they bought and just bolted up to the motor. its called outsourcing and everybody does it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Cummins had a much larger hand in then you may think. All because somebody engineered and built something that is put on the engine does not mean that Cummins had no part in it. Thats like saying Cummins had no part in the Common Rail Fuel system on the truck. Cummins Does not produce the Injectors, Rail, or CP3 pump. Cummins dont build the Turbo either but when one fails (6.7) it gets next day back to the Cummins Engineers for research. There Engineers had a huge part in that to make it work on there engine. Thats not a off the shelf component that they bought and just bolted up to the motor. its called outsourcing and everybody does it.

Very true :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
That's funny because a mechanic around here said they are having training this week in Cincinnati Ohio. I hope they are telling them all the same thing.:popcorn:

·
Banned
393 Posts
Yeah...that they made a mistake???

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I'm just surprised at how many people are having problems with their trucks. I just pust over 12000 miles on mine and it runs like a top!! And to boot I drive mostly city miles which is was everyone says these truck don't like.

·
Registered
213 Posts
for one thing cummins owns holset and ford owns cummins/
sorry i guess i have to retract my statement about ford as i cannot find any proof

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, that was the one and only smartest thing that Ford ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!:rof:lol3:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ford does not own Cummins. That is all bs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Horses Mouth From Cummins on the 6.7

Hey guys, I got this yesterday from a Cummins rep. Dodge insisted on using their own ECU not the one designed by Cummins. He said it was set-up specifically so that the customers had to take their trucks to Dodge for service. Cummins cannot interface with the ODB's at all.
He also said this was the first and last time a Cummins engine would be sold like that.

2007 6.7 2500 4wd 5 trips to the dealer in 14000mi and no solutions for the EGR problems. Toyota Tacoma shopping:butt:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Interesting, they have been sold like that for years, it was NOT a one year thing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
lf dodge is not using cummins ecm why does the ecm have cummins part number on ? and has cummins printed all over it i think you are wrong

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Will the Ford owns Cummins statements EVER stop???

He said it was set-up specifically so that the customers had to take their trucks to Dodge for service. Cummins cannot interface with the ODB's at all.
He also said this was the first and last time a Cummins engine would be sold like that.
Don't know about the last part but I do know that Cummins (shops) cannot do ANYTHING with the electronics...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
lol that is funny...cummins motors are put in ford new holland tractors....they have been put in case farm equipment....which is now case new holland.....does that mean they own them? NO lol....international motors were put in fords....did that mean international owned ford lol.....

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm tired of hearing that "Ford owns Cummins" crap, If i see you on the street, I'm gunna smack ya up side yur head,:rof Ford doesn't own Cummins!:hyper: Thank God!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts