Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A guy that frequents my shop has this truck bed and said the company was bought out and his is the only prototype ever made and that these beds never went into production. Both sides open up from inside the truck bed and are lockable. You don't loose much bed space except for around the wheels in the bed.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Subscribed. Intreged...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wanna see....

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
No pictures? That's like saying you had a threesome with your wife & Handgelina Jolie. We need pics !!!!

Ed
Now this is more believable.

·
Registered
589 Posts
saw it on pg 50 of may 2008 issue of diesel power. Title was swiss army diesel. Company that did the bed conversion was Alton Manufacturing.

·
Registered
458 Posts
oh my.... lol wouldnt this kill the structural integrity of the entire bed

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,648 Posts
Upload pics to photobucket and then copy and paste the img link here. Def curious of what it looks like

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No its not like that bed. I will upload them in a little bit when I have access to a computer.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You can see near the tailgate the lock and button to open the sides. It only uses the useless space next to and above the wheel well. He said that when he talked to the owner of the company they were being bought out by one of the big 3 but did not name which one. He said most likely Chrysler bought them out due the sportsman and that truck bed opening up.

·
Rescue Tower
10,813 Posts
That is cool. I bet it was a serious chunk of change though. Probably why it didn't take off. Perhaps the company that bought it has means of bringing the price point down. Or hopefully an OEM is acquiring it to bring it into production which is the only way to make it cheap.

Drug mules would love it. No man, I got noting in the bed. Ja can look.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Thats awesome. Id hate for it to come open down the road though... lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
woah!! its like a hidden workbed, thats badass. that has to be custom

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,648 Posts
Thats cool! If you had the bodywork and fab skills I would think it would be pretty easy to do

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
thats cool, but not as cool or practical as a bed slide. Best mod I ever did on my truck bar none Never have to crawl into the back of my truck, everything rolls out to me, with 1500 pounds capacity. DA** GOOD American engineering.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Thats cool! If you had the bodywork and fab skills I would think it would be pretty easy to do
If I was to attempt this I would do it backwards, I would leave the outside of the bed alone and make the inside part open up. That would solve the problem of accidentally dumping your stuff all over the road. The worst that would happen is your bed would fill up if your storage area opened up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts