Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have head a lot of rumors about hydrogen fuel cells being used and its some sort of PVC cylinder under the hood that puts hydrogen gas into the intake giving you better fuel mileage. I already make a good bit of biodiesel but would like to know if anyone can post some pics of their set up and how to do it. I hear its simple but i figured it would be better from someone with experience. Thanks

· Registered
1,472 Posts
its a joke dont do it...... btw i make biodiesel too

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really?? Man from what i have read it seems to work, i dont know how exactly it would work or improve an engine that ran on compression but i figured it would be worth it to spend $100 to possible save that or more in just a short time. And hey what kind of biodiesel processor do you have.

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes good point, but they are just using power created by the truck. Its not like i would have to install a 3rd battery or something crazy just to run it. pretty sure my air dog pulls way more than hydrogen fuel cell would. Do you know of anyone ever trying to run one? my neighbor swears up and down that his friends 18 wheeler has 2 of em hooked in a series and hes getting killer mileage for an 18 wheeler, and its saving him a ton in fuel costs. I dont know what to think really thats mainly why i started the post, and that was to get opinions. I just want to know if its possible and does it work.

· Registered
584 Posts
A hydrogen fuel cell is more complicate dthan what most people are talking about which is an HHO generator. what you need is you tank, a coil setup to hook to a positive battery side and a negative side to the water. similar to an electrolisis set up. This is supposed to break the water down to its basic atoms (atomize completely) then a tube is routed to your intake. The issue with these set ups is that they have to be spot on or they don do SH*& except raise the risk of electrical fire.

· Registered
1,472 Posts
yeah it take more energy in than out...... and to make a sufficent amount the generator would have to be probably the size of your truck bed. lol i am mechanical engineer at texas tech....... i built my own 500gallon processor after our one we purcahsed was destroyed by a tornado... with diesel going back up we are slowy coming back online

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not looking to run completely on hydrogen just maybe a gas mileage improvement from a small cell. Anyways diesel fury how in the world do you get that much grease.... i have a 60 gal processor well actually its a 60 gal tank with 15 gal meth and lye tank but yeah i can maybe run 55gal of grease at a time. And hey man do you dry wash it , water wash your biodiesel and let it dry, or just process and filter it. just curious how you are doing it because you are obviously a bigger scale than me and i wonder how the pros do it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.