Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trucks is leaking pretty bad from the hydrobooster and ps fluid is covering everything and is kinda embarrasing and i was wondering if there is a seal i can replace or do i have to replace the hole darn thing?:$:

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
There is an o-ring between the brake booster and the master cylinder. What I've read in the past is you can separate them and just take the o-ring that is in there to the parts store and eyeball a new that will fit. I've never seen any reference to the actual size. I had the same problem with mine and tried the o-ring and it didn't fix it so I ended up with a new hydrobooster.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i had the same problem ... my abs and my ps went out i replaced the ps pump and it worked wonders on the deal cost me 50 for the pump

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The ps pressure runs in the realms of 900 to 1200 psi generally, which is low for hydraulic pressure, but still up there. Most hydraulic actuators have a pressure seal (usually a u cup like in a brake master cyl) and then a "wiper" seal which is a low pressure seal. If this is the setup used in the booster (I don't know) the o ring would be the "wiper" seal and so would likely not fix a bad pressure seal. Just speculation, as I haven't had one apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts