Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck has had a powersteering leak coming from the hydro booster for a while now and its just starting to gripe me so i was wondering if there is a seal or something that can be replaced or do i have to buy a new hydrobooster?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just bought a new booster for mine, same leak, they say there is no rebuild or repair kit for them because of the co2. I just cant seem to get the air bled out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rebuild kits avail.

There are kits available. MTM seems to be what I recall. Bleeding is accomplished by taking the load off of the tires and turning lock to lock while slowly pumping brake. The blue boosters are what do not last long on mine. I remove them and install a re pressurized on with a large c-clamp, until I reinstall the retaining ring. I buy them from a local rebuilder, BSI (brake systems Inc.)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cool, thanks for the part number and the phone number. I bought my replacement unit and it was the blue one. Now if it goes out I know who to call.:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts