Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard a rumor from a rather high horse cummins owner and he told me about putting about half a cup of hydogen peroxide in my 50/50 water meth mix suppose to add more oxygen which is what makes nitrous so good any body try it?

·
Registered
647 Posts
:popcorn: I would like to hear about this

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
He is correct. I did that on my drag truck gasser along with a cool pak. Reduced ET's buy a 10th or so.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ive heard something about this, anyone else?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Would you like some info from an EX industrial chemist???

First… with out a doubt… it will work. BUT… the stuff you buy at the local pharmacy is only about 3% solution. The strong stuff is 6%. If I were to do it… I would buy good quality, “Chemical Grade” stuff. That way, you know what you have. The reason that peroxide is in a dark brown container is that it is not very stable, and if it has been on the shelf at the local store… it may be mostly water at that point. (but may have enough to clean an Ouchy)

OK… my official stance is… I would not run it. Peroxide is very corrosive. That’s why you can normally only buy it in 3% solution. When that hits your engine… it will disassociate, and give you an extra shot of oxygen… but Oxygen is a diatomic element, so, when it splits into water, and an extra mono Ox… it will try to bond to other things. So read the next part carefully…

What happens when we mix water, and some oxygen on a raw hunk of steel? That’s right… it will rust. Now, if you add heat to that, you will make the reaction happen faster. So… what do you think it will be doing to the inside of your engine?? That’s right… it will be eroding the pistons, rings, valves, and injector tips at a very high rate.

With that said… I would not do this to my daily driver since the gain will be small to the engine wear. If you are building a drag truck, and you are looking for an extra tenth… Then OK. But NOx is still a safer way to go. When the Ox disassociates from it… the Nitrogen is an inert gas that will help buffer the engine decay.

Peroxide is wonderfull, powerful stuff. All you have to do is spray it into a closed container with a small nozzle, and have a little hunk of platinum as its target, and you will get an instant disassociation. (with a huge expansion) that will produce enough thrust to push your truck down the drag strip without even starting your diesel engine. (That is how the jet pack works)

Do a Google search for Peroxide rockets. (cool stuff)

Just my two cents… take it for what it’s worth.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

First… with out a doubt… it will work. BUT… the stuff you buy at the local pharmacy is only about 3% solution. The strong stuff is 6%. If I were to do it… I would buy good quality, “Chemical Grade” stuff. That way, you know what you have. The reason that peroxide is in a dark brown container is that it is not very stable, and if it has been on the shelf at the local store… it may be mostly water at that point. (but may have enough to clean an Ouchy)

OK… my official stance is… I would not run it. Peroxide is very corrosive. That’s why you can normally only buy it in 3% solution. When that hits your engine… it will disassociate, and give you an extra shot of oxygen… but Oxygen is a diatomic element, so, when it splits into water, and an extra mono Ox… it will try to bond to other things. So read the next part carefully…

What happens when we mix water, and some oxygen on a raw hunk of steel? That’s right… it will rust. Now, if you add heat to that, you will make the reaction happen faster. So… what do you think it will be doing to the inside of your engine?? That’s right… it will be eroding the pistons, rings, valves, and injector tips at a very high rate.

With that said… I would not do this to my daily driver since the gain will be small to the engine wear. If you are building a drag truck, and you are looking for an extra tenth… Then OK. But NOx is still a safer way to go. When the Ox disassociates from it… the Nitrogen is an inert gas that will help buffer the engine decay.

Peroxide is wonderfull, powerful stuff. All you have to do is spray it into a closed container with a small nozzle, and have a little hunk of platinum as its target, and you will get an instant disassociation. (with a huge expansion) that will produce enough thrust to push your truck down the drag strip without even starting your diesel engine. (That is how the jet pack works)

Great post man...:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
yeah, i'm glad there is people on here with this much knowlege well done Dr Honda

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dr. Honda, great post. I had no idea. It does break down DNA I know, so for those disposing of body parts.....

Remember, friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah, makes total sense, great post doc!

Real friends help friends push fords back into the garage...

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts

i gotta say doc, every post i've seen of yours has been spot on and super informative. thanks for the input on this one, its good to have knowledge floating around on the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts