Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

hx55 swap good turbo?

1590 5
im looking to buy a holset hx 55 turbo for my 1994 3500 5 speed. the truck is mostly stock with a #0 plate and afc mods. it really dosnt smoke much at all i found this turbo for 400 bucks would it be a good turbo to run as a single charger? will it be slow to build boost with the fiew mods that i have? the exhaust housing is 19cm which the 1989-1993 went as high as a 21cm exhaust housing form what i am told? what do yall think about this turbo for a swap?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Boiler up!
2,412 Posts
i have a different setup being a 24v and all but i love this hx55,,,mines been running like a champ since i put it on...lights at around 1900 with the 19cm housing... and its really not that laggy. i can hammer it and get almost instant boost

· Registered
325 Posts
thats a pretty big single, i bet it feels good when she lights! whats a launch like in your truck man? is it just pourin smoke gettin her to spool up?

· Boiler up!
2,412 Posts
thats a pretty big single, i bet it feels good when she lights! whats a launch like in your truck man? is it just pourin smoke gettin her to spool up?
haha i havent done a launch in it yet, dont really want to until i get studs...ive seen 50psi for a split second before i got off of it. it really screams, all i hear is turbo now. haha... but yea, it pours smoke while im getting it lit...especially if its locked in OD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.