Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was thinking about getting an HX55 for my truck, FASS 150/150, Stage 1 CP3, Smarty, Prototype clutch, and i will have some 90-100 horse nozzles this summer.... how well is it going to run and what kind of boost can i expect??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im thinking it would be really laggy...and i dont know about the boost but i would think something like 70psi once you finally got it going....so two words HEAD STUDS.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah no doubt!!! i forgot to add that to the summer list of parts needed lol!! but what all will i need? just the T3-T4 adapter plate and a 5" downpipe i think.... the oil line and everything else should work alright i would think

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
Wouldn't you want a lot of fuel with the hx 55. Like a big cp3 or twins and some 150 to 200 horse injectors?

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
as a sled pulling turbo it will work, but thats it.
your going to need a t4 centered flange manifold too.

that sucker would be way laggy for anything but pulling and maybe drag racing.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
way too big for a dd....anything else but sledpulling or maybe use it in a twin setup

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
just get a 2nd gen manifold, flip it, put your stocker turbo on top and throw that hx55 on the bottom

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do i need a second gen manifold??? i see a lot of people saying to use them?? dont the ones off the common rail flow better?? and id love to make a compound set but i dont know how to make everything fit together.... so if someone would like to make me a kit i could give ya a couple bucks!! :) but if i go compounds i think id go stocker and HX60?? or would that be way to big??

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
no people use ht3bs and thats a 76mm turbo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts