Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yall, im in need of a downpipe for my hx50 project.

there is a 4.5'' V band that holds the downpipe on the housing, so a hx40 pipe wont work.

the best solution i have, is to get a part number off an m11 (or somthing like that), and frankenstein it to fit.

what have yall done? can i get one custom made? what are my options here? :confused013:

·
Free parts distributor
5,537 Posts
buy u some 4" "U" bends from and exhaust manufacturer and cut them where you need to make them fit, tack, and weld em on up!:thumbsup:

·
Free parts distributor
5,537 Posts
sounds like a plan there bud!:thumbsup: This time well start on a friday so we dont have to pull all nighters..:lol4:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sounds like a plan there bud!:thumbsup: This time well start on a friday so we dont have to pull all nighters..:lol4:
once i get them in, ill start a thread on ours chapter :thumbsup:

how is that poor tranny of yours holding up? :lol4:

·
Free parts distributor
5,537 Posts
good... its only gotta last about 12 more hours... which ill be sleeping most of them so i think shell b ok..:lol4:

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
is this the louisiana chapter thread?? :confused013:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
try fleet pride or one of your local big truck parts houses they shoudl be able to find you a 4.5" v flange. Try cutting down a 5" ...???????

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
PM me, i can get you the part you need in stainless or mild
you have a downpipe for an HX50 on a 2nd gen 24 valve?? my buddy is trying to find one as well... if you could send me a link and/or a price i would like to forward it to him.... hes been lookin for 2 weeks for a downpipe so he can throw the 50 on... and when he throws his 50 on, i get his 40!! :headbang:

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
You ever get the hx50 put on?????

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
Yea i had to do a little searching to dig this thread up, but i was curious if you ever got it put on.

Keep us updated

1 - 20 of 21 Posts