Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Hx35 with 6x.013

6K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  CUMMIN4U1525 
#1 ·
Ok before anyone bashes me for even bringing it up. I know it'll get hot quick I just wanna know if EGTs are manageable until I can upgrade charger. I'm building on a budget so was just wondering if I could run it. EGTs can be managed better with a manual just was wondering if I could do it for a short time thank in advance for the input.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#37 · (Edited)
Have you tried it? I put 7x.012s in a friend's truck and he hauled cattle with it with a stock hx35 for a few months before getting a billet 66. He also drove into and out of the columbia gorge frequently. He had no problems with it, he just turned his edge down and set the de fuels on it.

#7 ·
they are just barely larger than a 7x.011...

I don't see a problem with it as long as you run timing only like previously mentioned.

right foot control is the key..

hell run 6x.013s! they are the cats meow :D

#10 ·
Ok thanks I know it would get pretty hot and yea I tow but I know I won't be able to tow with them in with stock turbo and yea I though about going with 6x.013 I just don't really need a huge injector I no 6x.012 are big so might as well go with 13 if y'all recommend them

#15 ·
compound twins...

only way to go for towing heavy with competition injectors. :thumbsup:

Reactions: CUMMIN4U1525
#17 ·
Ok let me ask y'all this when I install these injectors will I have to worry bout lifting the head right now I push 36psi at wot I have a adjustable boost elbow but even when I put the injectors in and adjust according I should be ok right it's not studded yet just haven't got to it figured I'd put studs in when I upgraded the turbo

#18 ·
should be okay if you keep timing set mildly...

#21 ·
Or do y'all think I should just go with DFIs 100hp stick till I upgrade my turbo then just get the 6x.013 and all just keep getting ready to buy injectors and I back out cause I keep changing my mind

#39 ·
i think 7x14 are like 220hp and like 1200 max reading is coming from the ejwa
i have a video of me towing my cherokee on an equipment trailer up a long grade and i think it hits 1000 ill look for it

#38 ·
I ran my 7x.011s for a few weeks before I got the twins in and it sucked. Towing 4k up the mtn wasn't too bad but 12k was horrible. I could turn the box off and it would still get too hot. More importantly than that it would over boost my turbo badly on a strong od shift and in general. I could set defuel to 34 n still see 40 at the od shift.

I'm guessing the over boost wouldn't be as bad on a manual.

#44 ·
pre turbo in the manifold on the top of the manifold in the runner closest to the firewall right where the turbo bolts to the manifold just like everyone else I've seen it wont let me post a picture but i guess i need to send them out to have them tested so i know what i have on the other hand when I'm not hooked up to anything at wot egts shoot up to 1600 then it defuels

#42 ·
thats the link for me towing my cherokee up a slight grade had the box on 0 so i could use cruise control i ordered 7x14 injectors so if this seem impossible to you guys to have that low of an egt then where can i send them to be flow tested cause i have the whole set out of my truck now :confused013:

Towing with the cummins - YouTube

#45 ·
Depends on where your egt probe is located. I would believe the numbers, Kinda, if the probe was behind the turbo by a foot.

Regardless 7x.014's are way to big for a hx35 not to mention a wiretap programmer too. You are gonna send the compressor into orbit. I would think those would be uncontrollable %95 of the time.

Where did you buy the injectors from? I would have them tested because either you are gonna blow your turbo or you got screwed when you bought them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.