Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Hx35 over 62/80?

2455 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BigRed2500
This is my first post on any forum so if im screwin this up just tell me.

Anyway, I replaced my hx35 with an industrial injection 62/80, it spools slow but when it lights up, its BA. I wanna do a twin setup and was just wantin everyones 2 cents on a possible hx35 over my 62/80.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
It's way too close I would use your 62 as the secondary and put an S475 under it, then you'll have a well matched setup with much more power.
If he thinks it laggy now, it only gonna get worse. What version of their 62 do you have?
It lights up fairly quick. It says 2nd gen phatshaft 62/80 on the tag. As far as the real specs go idk. I bought it from a guy on craigslist. Id load a picture but cant figure out how to do it on my pos phone
You have a 62/65/14. You would do very well to put an s475/96/1.32:S475 under it, you can buy the twin piping needed here:Compound "Twin" Turbo Kits. Now you need better matched injectors that are a better quality than DDP, I'd go with DFI 7x.012's:DFI 7X0.012's SAC 98.5-02 - Ducky Fuel Injection.
Reactions: 1
Oh I forgot, you'll need head studs, stronger valve springs. And pushrods if you can swing 'em.
You have a 62/65/14. You would do very well to put an s475/96/1.32:S475 under it, you can buy the twin piping needed here:Compound "Twin" Turbo Kits. Now you need better matched injectors that are a better quality than DDP, I'd go with DFI 7x.012's:DFI 7X0.012's SAC 98.5-02 - Ducky Fuel Injection.
Did you miss where he said its laggy? If it spooled fast enough form him then he wouldn't be wanting to put the HX on.

Ditch the 62 and run the HX over a s472 or small s475.
Yeah your advice would probably suit his wants better, I was thinking it would be better to stick with the 62 instead of needing to buy two turbos.
He could for sure run the 62 in a twins set but its just going to be a little laggier than it is now as a single.
Yeah for sure Dave, I a 62/75 is what I would want to run but it wouldn't really help the OP's problem.
well shiiiiit.... btw i love ddp's products and have never heard a simgle thimg wromg with them. not to mention, they ARE my local powerhouse lol
Not exactly anything wrong with ddp, there's just better injections manufactures out there. Dfi, Weston or f1 are the only ones I recommend.
I have a buddy with that ii 62 over a s480, p pumped, put down 761 hp. It was awesome.
What's your end power goal. Some 200+ injectors with that 62 over a 475 would put down 600 Ip and drive really well also. A 6 hole injector will be a little dirtier but will speed your spool up a little. So will a cam :).

But yes your hx is to close in size to put over the 62. And for compounds you should do studs minimum. Valve springs too.
i really just wanna make 500 right now... but we all know how that goes, you always want more haha. maybe i should just shoot for a cam right now and while im in there do studs rings and valve springs... oh decisions decisions...
FWIW it did 530 with a 62/65/12 and DAP 150's
Wow how'd you squeeze that out kraft? Maybe cause your closer to sea level or a sick custom tune on your quad?
I did 464 with 62/65/12 and ddp 150's with edge juice. But i was maxed out.

Not calling bs, just saying that's impressive.
Not sure lol, it was toasty haha checked my IAT after the run and it was somewhere around 500 degrees lol. Ill find the dyno run 9n youtube real quick
Heck yea dude that's awesome!
Reactions: 1
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.