Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'll be running about 30-32 psi max out of my HX35. I'd like to select an injector that will run cool and not tax the HX while towing. Could you please give me suggestions on which injector would be the best for that application? So far I've narrowed it down to RV275s (from a cost perspective), either DDP 60s or 75s (would love to go 100s but I think they'll be to hot), or Mach 1.6s.

I'd be happy to get around 325 RWHP but would be willing to settle for less as long as I don't have to limit myself on towing or EGTs getting out of hand.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey let me know what you find out, cause I am in the exact same boat, when I talked to guys at pdr they recommended the 275's said the best fuel mileage as well, they told me with my comp box turned up the ddp stage 2 will be too much, too hot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would suggest the edge jammers, they are not expensive for a compleate injector and they are great on fuel milage as well. i ran a set for a while in mine before i went stupid from the diesel bug. i would only run a stage 1 maybe 2 but you have to be careful with the egts, you will split the exh manifold.

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
I'm curious too! What would my truck handle?:w:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
At this point, right now, I'm looking to add either RV275s OR DDP 60s; the reason being on the DDP 60s is I hear their process for honing, etc. yeilds more milage, better efficiency, and cooler EGTs than standard RV275s. Plus, I'd like to keep the burn the absolute cleanest possible. If that IS the case, I will go with the DDPs right off the bat - a little more in the short term but after a while, I'll recoop the investment. After I run those for a while, a year or 3 - who knows, I figure I'll be in just the right boat for a replacement box and turbo should I decide to go the 'wild' route.

But for now, I'm looking for the best efficeiency and cleanest power, while still being able to pull a 12k load and maybe smoke a sports car here and there. :D

-Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
DDP' for sure. I have The DDP 60s with my stock turbo and my edge comp. It works really well and never gets above 1200 pulling hard uphill. Right now I am running my hypertech until I put in my southbend Sat. It tows really well with the DDPs and hypertech. With a 27ft gooseneck and 2tons I get about 19mpg and I got 25 all highway. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the PM.. sent you one back. You know, IMHO even if the only difference between the RVs and DDPs is less EGTs with DDPs and the ability to pull hard uphill continuously without EGTs going over 1200, that would be worth it to me. Peace of mind says alot.

Mike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts