Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard this a good combo for a quick spool up on manual transmissions. I think someone just posted that they got one from Coaltrain Diesel or something. Anybody have any info or input. I couldn't find them on the web

·
Registered
689 Posts
is thise hybrid your talking about a 35 housing with 40 inducer wheel?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think that's it. Quicker spool up because you have a larger wheel in a smaller housing. I forget if it's on the exhaust or compression side.

·
Registered
689 Posts
See i have heard bad things about these. A guy i know had one on his truck....a built 12V....and his truck didn't run near as good as it did with just a 35. It was choking on it self because it couldn't get as much air through it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm mostly looking for quick spool up between shifts. If there's a better option out there, I'll try it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I like my 35/40.... world of difference!!! it spools pretty dang hot. My temps are low, the only problem is hitting too much boost too fast... it sounds wicked!! I'm in the process of getting head studs and a marine gasket on the truck now, by process of getting I mean finding time to do it. Did I mention it costs a ton less than all the other options I looked into... but I've turned my boost elbow way down because the TST pushes it past the 35 I had it set on, and with just the ez by itself I only want about 25 max wot just cruising around.

it's a larger compressor wheel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The hybrid is a 35 turbine and a 40 compressor. Using the housings for each.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i had a big wheel 40 on mine. little laggy. but great power. if you fuel them up too much they start coughing and the shaft will break in two. bad day. spend hours and hours picking parts out of your intercooler.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a friend that is building these now. I am installing one in the next week or so. The 35 hot side wheel and housing keeps the rotating mas lower to help save the shaft, but the 40 intake side and housing will let it breathe better. I have a full compliment of gauges so I'll have before and after temp and boost levels to see what the changes are. If they work well I may have a hook up for those interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts