Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

hx 40/ 3rd gen turbo

1055 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Rollin Coal
would either of these be a good choice for my set up, my 35/40 is got a bad case of the wobbles. i need get another charger soon. i found several 3gen turbos for under 200 bucks. what would be involved in plumbing them up, i would asume a 40 down pipe.

is it worth it or should i find another 35 to run till the money tree blooms again :lol3:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody? .

· Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i thought they were bigger. does anybody have the specs for the hx35, hx40, and 3rd gen turbo

· Joel's Diesel
1,165 Posts
Make sure you get the HE351 from a 04.5 -07 5.9. it has a 9cm turbine housing as well, but it is redesigned and flows better than earlier he341. It also has a bigger compressor wheel (59mm?)than the he341. Trust me, these spool up fast too. You'll need to run the 05' and up cast elbow and downpipe, the hx40 downpipe is a hair to small at the v-band connection. It's a good turbo.

These pictures should help....
Holset HE351/HY35 56K beware - TurboDodge.Com - Turbo Dodge forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Daytona, SRT-4, PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.