Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· that guy
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a perfect hx-35 with an exhaust brake and a partially disabled hx-40 wut do i need from wut turbo to build an hx-35 40 hybrid??? i have never attemped it or even looked into it? so could somebody please help me

· that guy
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nothing?....nobody knows?

· that guy
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
somebody has to kno something about turbos

· Registered
185 Posts
hey man from what i know you bolt on the HX40 intakehousing to the HX35 ex.housing thats what i know

· that guy
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the housing just comes off with a clamp so do i just take the housing off and swap em?

· Registered
185 Posts
i think you take hte 40 housing and compressor wheel and put it on the 35 ex. housing. i thinks its that one nut slide the wheel off and slide the 40 wheel on not 100% sure

· Registered
223 Posts
Are you trying to keep your exhaust brake? If so what brake do you have? Iight be able to help you.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
It should be just as he stated above. It is a HX 35 hot side ( compressor housing) with an HX 40 compressor wheel on the front side. HX 40 cold air output, with a smaller exhaust housing to help spool up time. The whole front housing and the wheel get swapped into the 35. I don't know about any kind of pre-loads or torque on putting it back together though. :thumbsup:

· Horse Power JUNKIE
1,656 Posts
You should bolt the 35's exht wheel/shaft to the 40 center section/ comp wheel, so you dont have to do any machining to the housing of the 35 to fit the 40 comp housing. This is what I did and it worked out, the only problem though is you have to fab up a mount for the waste gate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.