Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when on it for a while with just my edge comp on 5X5, the fuel pressure drops all the way from ~19 to around 12 PSI. That seems like a pretty large span, and im wondering if its going to handle larger injectors. Its a raptor 100 and i have a draw straw as well. All other fuel components are stock. Besides possibly a dirty fuel filter which is being changed soon, what can be done to improve WOT fuel PSI. The raptor 100 is supposed to be good to 500HP, i only plan on about 400.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Change the filter first. If you are still running the tiny stock fuel lines I'll bet that's your problem.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running the large fuel lines the raptor kit came with, just stock banjo bolts and line to VP. First is gonna be changing the fuel filter, i remembered its got about 15K on it. The one i took out to replace it with had at least 10K plus and wasn't that dirty, but its beyond the reccomended interval anyway

·
Registered
214 Posts
I beg on you that the restriction between the FF and VP, cuz when I installed my ADII and it come out that the 1/2" Fuel hose i got is too short so i'm used the factory line from the FF to VP for temporary, and that is what exactly how my FP had a big drop @ WOT, so then I went to order a big line kit from Vulcan( got no answer from pureflow after few call and Email) and have it install then I get 17 idles, 16-17 cruise and 15 at WOT. Hope it help

·
Registered
223 Posts
change your filter and get a big line kit from vulcan. youll be set

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome. sounds like a plan when i get injectors. i'm obviously changing the fuel filter tho. i'm trying to decide on 50hp or 100hp injectors. All i'm doing to the tranny is 3 disk TC and i got a good VB in it now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts