Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,692 Posts
Anyone have one of these...are they good?
I do not know any "everyday Joes" using this. Mostly because you have to use their cleaning system for a warranty. It looks like they are marketing to huge fleets. I suppose if you want to buyt eh cleaning system you can and have good luck with it...the cleaning fluid is $41 a gallon...the cleaning station seems to have been discontinued by XtremeDiesel.

I will stick with the traditional filters...

Attachments

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know any "everyday Joes" using this. Mostly because you have to use their cleaning system for a warranty. It looks like they are marketing to huge fleets. I suppose if you want to buyt eh cleaning system you can and have good luck with it...the cleaning fluid is $41 a gallon...the cleaning station seems to have been discontinued by XtremeDiesel.

Yeah..I'll pass on that too. What good concept though. If it could just be washed in dish soap and water...and have the efficiency that they claim? These things would sell like hotcakes. Make it a 2 pack so you can get back on the road while the other one is drying.

· Registered
4,699 Posts
Yeah..I'll pass on that too. What good concept though. If it could just be washed in dish soap and water...and have the efficiency that they claim? These things would sell like hotcakes. Make it a 2 pack so you can get back on the road while the other one is drying.
And if you don’t get it perfectly clean leaving some loose material?

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
17,727 Posts
My dad being the farm boy he grew up from has often asked me why i won't let him just wash out his oil filters and reuse them...there is a reason i'm the mechanic in the family not him

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Looks like just an ultrasonic cleaner. 75 bucks at Harbor Fright. It WORKS it really works. I wash my six-five brass in one at makes the insides almost as shiny as the outsides..and very dry.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
17,727 Posts
Heck boxers can be used 4 times before they aren't clean. Once regularly, once backwards, once inside out and backwards, and once inside out and normal. 4 days, one pair.

only a slight itch i'd imagine
Itchy Crotch - Reaction GIFs

Best Itchy Crotch GIFs | Gfycat

· Registered
543 Posts

AEM and other quality lifetime filters are easy to clean. They do recommend using a cleaner (AEM or K&N 32oz bottles @ 12.99) to loosen dirt before rinsing with water. Nothing complicated about that "
cleaning system". If you watch the videos they are talking about caked on dirt and fithy. Our truck replacement lifetime filters are enclosed and don't get dirty like the open air add-on filters and off-roading. Thus, simply washing with water is often enough.

• Haha
Reactions: sstoner911

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
17,727 Posts
AEM and other quality lifetime filters are easy to clean. They do recommend using a cleaner (AEM or K&N 32oz bottles @ 12.99) to loosen dirt before rinsing with water. Nothing complicated about that "
cleaning system". If you watch the videos they are talking about caked on dirt and fithy. Our truck replacement lifetime filters are enclosed and don't get dirty like the open air add-on filters and off-roading. Thus, simply washing with water is often enough.
Reread what filter he is talking about trying to reuse

· Registered
543 Posts
Reread what filter he is talking about trying to reuse
I don't need to reread the post title. If you reread my post you would clearly see that I was responding to sstoner's post.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
17,727 Posts
I don't need to reread the post title. If you reread my post you would clearly see that I was responding to sstoner's post.
No, actually you weren't. he was talking about a reusable oil filter system that cleans OIL filters, you know, being on topic and all Stoner was directly replying to the OP question and the system references by the OP, not air filters, like you are talking about

· Registered
543 Posts
No, actually you weren't. he was talking about a reusable oil filter system that cleans OIL filters, you know, being on topic and all Stoner was directly replying to the OP question and the system references by the OP, not air filters, like you are talking about
You are soo right. Big brain fart on my part. Fricken title clearly says OIL.
In have no excuses, eyes probably saw OIL but brain was thinking AIR. Sorry, please accept my 86-year-old sincere apology.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
17,727 Posts
You are soo right. Big brain fart on my part. Fricken title clearly says OIL.
In have no excuses, eyes probably saw OIL but brain was thinking AIR. Sorry, please accept my 86-year-old sincere apology.
No worries, happens to everyone

· Registered
543 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts