Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is a htt turbo any good?? is it better than a super b special?? or what is a turbo that i would want ?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
for your current app the super stock 62 in the 71 series would be a nice turbo...HTT uses stainless parts to build a more "durable" turbo but mostly its cosmetic..they reallly are high quality

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I just installed a HTT 71 series 63/13 with a set of 150hp injectors. The turbo is polished on both sides and is wicked sick!!! The sound from the turbo drowns out the engine. It smokes like a freight train down low but once it is lit the smoke clears and it runs like a demon possessed!!!

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
HTT makes a great turbo

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
but it smokes a lot with 150's on the low end?

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
but it smokes a lot with 150's on the low end?
If I got the Comp hot unlock completely off it still has a bit of zip to it and does not hardly smoke down low unless I drop it to the floor. Eventhen it does not smoke that bad. If I got the Comp on 5x5 it can really roll some coal down low. If you dicipline your right foot a bit you can still drive it with the box on 5x5 and have very little smoke, but it takes some dicipline. I don't know what the BD special sounds like but my HTT sounds awesome. Even when the thing is only turning a pound or two of boost you can hear it inside and out pretty clear. It really sounds good around 15 lbs of boost, and above 35 lets everyone around you know you mean business. To hear it on video does not even come close to the real thing:thumbsup!!

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,372 Posts
I cant compare it to any other turbos since I have never owned one, but I am on my 2nd HTT now. I had the 62/65/12 and it was awesome till I out grew it I sent them my turbo and had it upgraded to a 66/71/13. Dont let anyone tell you a 66 isnt streatable either!

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,372 Posts
Oh yeah if I knew what the 66 sounded like singing out of that 6 inch beauty in my bed I would of done it a LONG time ago!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I cant compare it to any other turbos since I have never owned one, but I am on my 2nd HTT now. I had the 62/65/12 and it was awesome till I out grew it I sent them my turbo and had it upgraded to a 66/71/13. Dont let anyone tell you a 66 isnt streatable either!
thats a huge jump. how much difference in spool up?

what size injectors do you have? same ones as with the 62?

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,372 Posts
Same injectors for right now, going to go bigger soon. It is different to drive than the 62. I cruise @ 60mph and 0psi boost whereas before I was running about 8psi or so Hooked to the sled I had no problem lighting my charger on the street I would say about 2-300 more rpm to spool up but once it does that thing pulls so [email protected]#%^*$ hard!!!

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,372 Posts
oh and 150 sticks.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Buying the right sized HTT charger for your ride is never a regretful experience.

The Stainless Steel housing turbos have some distinct advantages, you can't compare these chargers to a Super B.... they are just different.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i ran a htt sp 66/65/14 for a while on 90hp sticks and loved it but am running alot more fuel now then i was a year ago

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,372 Posts
Another thing about High Tech is customer service! Great people that know chargers and will work with 110% of the way! You cant go wrong with them!

·
Registered
57 Posts
how well would a 66 htt work on my 02 with a 12mm p pump with delivary valves and pump wokr 90hp injectiors and .120 injector lines

·
MO Chapter President
338 Posts
HTT huh.......? Im fixin to buy a 66/65/13, Would yall say its a good call ????

Thanks, Smitty

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
HTT huh.......? Im fixin to buy a 66/65/13, Would yall say its a good call ????

Thanks, Smitty
You will love it with the current set up... the snugger aftermarket trans will spool this up real nice and the 110 sticks will also run cool.... great choice.

I might look at the 71 wheel if your thinking of going with more fuel in the future and your rig is a pavement queen and not a work truck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts