Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a stage 4 ( as I have already said in earlier threads ) Long story short it did not fit because they sent me a unmachined housing. They do not have any more and will not be making any ever. I am so mad I could explode. I don't think they know if they are comming or going. I will be fine as long as they refund my money. They said they would. So thats it boys no more stage 4 kits for the H1C. So I am left with putting my stock " baby " housing back on and then that means I can't have my cooler tubes built intill I find a better turbo. ( mine has small rolled lip for small 2 inch boot not the later v clamp stile).:RANTIN:

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Your luck sounds about like mine.

Time to find a HX35 or HX40.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Save your money for a SPS64/14. Those are some really great turbos. If you can pick up a 40 for under 5 bills yeah, go that route. But for 700 new, I'd throw another 500 with it and find a good used big S300.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Why didn't you just machine your backing plate? If you get a Stage IV kit from Gillettes Diesel, you don't get a plate, you machine your own. Saves you a 100 beans too. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the housing that was not relieved for the wheel to fit. The backing plate was fine. I put on the plate then the wheel and spun great. Put on the housing and it hits the wheel. Oh well, I just had a good excuse for ordering a s300.

·
Banned
624 Posts
That's weird. On mine the plate was cut for the wheel. When I called they said they didn't think they were going to get parts for the stage IV kit anymore. The reason was that they make X number of housings, with a 10% overage for defective parts. Between defects and demand, it was getting harder to get housings. These guys get the overage parts that aren't used.
I bought a III from GDS, and a week later HTT called and said they had a IV kit. I sold the III and bought the IV.

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
I would not worry about it. There are not enough of the old small units (non IC) turbos to warrent the upgrade parts. Not to mention the "normal sized" H1C that are few these days as owners remove them in favor of the 35's and 40's and ........ etc.etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts