Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my HR VP44 today...can't wait until it's installed. This should run well with stock injectors?:whip:

· Registered
329 Posts
I had one on my truck. It pulled hard with the stock injectors, EGT's rose pretty quick as well. After about 2 months it started acting funny, caused a rump-rump-rump type idle that would only smooth out with liberal throttle application. If that happens and you tow at all, forget it, you're gonna destroy your tranny! The shop that installed it tried it on another truck and it worked fine though. He said that the pumps are hit or miss with our trucks, some do it, some don't. Mine was from Ind Inj.

G

·
put on some quality 100s and a quad boost fooler and that truck should run like a raped ape mine lopes when you release the clutch and has a very slight lope at idle if i turn the ac on it will lope a few times to stock lines and stock tubes with edge filters mine idles 825-850 and doesnt defuel till 3300rpms some people have problems with the hotrods but i got a good one and if i can find a redline its gettin hooked up

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Hot Rod pump will be coming from Industrial Injection...I have been told that they make a good pump...what would I expect the truck to run like with stock injectors and I will be putting the edge Juice....Goerend TQ and valve Body within a month or two. Should I expect to have problems from the HR VP44 Thanks

· Registered
329 Posts
Like I said, it is hit or miss with the HRVP44. Some people never have a problem with them, and they are a great pump (mine was from II as well) It all depends on if you mind the idleing that it might cause. For towing and daily driving it drove me nuts and wasn't at all practical. Remember, you will see roughly 100HP on a stock truck, but you will see less on a modified truck. Also, you will make more HP using SO VP44 than the hotrod. I'm not trying to bring you down, cause trust me it will make a nice improvement in power, I just don't think it is worth it with the issues it has. On a side note there is a new Hot VP44 from BD that is supposed to be the same as the HRVP44 from II but without the "idle" issues. Maybe something to look into. Good luck with it man, hopefully you get one of the good ones!!:headbang:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.