Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
CTT with an EZLynk Intact 2.1D SOTF (Shift on the fly) Locks in 4th in normal mode, in 2nd in Tow Haul.

Actually I bought it from RSD.

RSD has been fantastic to me for several trucks
This is the first time I have used CCT, but they are also great to work with!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just re-read the post!

Mine is different than RJKINK365.

Mine is 2.1D but locks in 4th. as someone else stated, it is more like another gear when it locks. We must have a high stall converter in these trucks.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
CTT with an EZLynk Intact 2.1D SOTF (Shift on the fly) Locks in 4th in normal mode, in 2nd in Tow Haul.

Actually I bought it from RSD.

RSD has been fantastic to me for several trucks
This is the first time I have used CCT, but they are also great to work with!
Intact ? As in, not deleted ? Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just re-read the post!

Mine is different than RJKINK365.

Mine is 2.1D but locks in 4th. as someone else stated, it is more like another gear when it locks. We must have a high stall converter in these trucks.
You are correct, seems neither 2.1D or 2.1B will lock in 3rd under normal driving. They both have “high lock”, so,Erimo in 4th dependent of throttle and load. 2.1B will lock in 2nd in tow haul mode only and 2.1D won’t lock until 3rd.

I’m honestly not liking either of these tunes as far as TCM tuning goes. I prefer the old 2.1 with early lock and locked shifts from 3rd up. Ran that tune for thousands of miles with zero issues. Just switched back.

Just my .2 cents.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What tune is everyone running and how many miles have you ran it and 68 or G56. I have a 17' 2500 with the 68RFE deleted at 18K miles and currently around 33K miles. For thousands of miles I ran 2.1 but was sent V3.2 beta and have ran it for several thousand miles probably over 8k at least. No problems with 2.1 other than I experienced back and forth 5-6th gear and 6-5th gear shifts between 55 and 60 MPH which was fixed in version 3.2. My thing with 3.2 I don't like is my exhaust break will sometimes just not engage I have to get back in the throttle and then let off and it the shifting is inconstant. Sometimes rough sometimes really smooth. But I have to say when I installed 3.2 beta I noticed immediate amazing throttle response I never noticed was missing with 2.1 but definitely a difference with 3.2.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
CR_Hunter I have a 2017 Ram 2500 68RFE and I am running CMER SOTF 0-180hp W/TCM Tuning V2.1, current mileage is 32,600 and I have been running this tune since 24,000 (8,600 miles). I have been in contact with CTT to get a tune that has a softer shift from 3 - 4 as I don't like the firm shift or TC lockup. The technician recommended the V2.1B tune. Honestly at this point, I am debating going back to the stock transmission tune as I feel the transmission tuning could hurt or make my transmission quit before it should. I wanted to contribute to this conversation so I can get more feedback and a better understanding of the transmission tuning. Also does anyone know what line pressure is to much for a stock 68RFE?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to reading everyone's input.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yeah, would like to know more about this as well. Interested in any impact on longevity of a stock 68RFE tranny also, I am running the "CMER 180hp W/TCM Tuning V2.1" for about 7.5k miles, no issues. My daily driver, do not run hard or race, just typical day-to-day driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just received the 3.3 tune from CTT. Anyone have much experience running this?
Had 3.2 and didn't enjoy the harsh lockup
Got 3.4 about a week ago to try to resolve the issue, better but still harsh during light throttle

They never had me try 3.3

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmmmm that's odd. I'm enjoying the 2.1V, so a little hesitant to switch to 3.3V. Apparently the 3.3 is for 2018 only so maybe that has something to do with it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmmm that's odd. I'm enjoying the 2.1V, so a little hesitant to switch to 3.3V. Apparently the 3.3 is for 2018 only so maybe that has something to do with it?
You are probably right. I'm also running 4th gear lockup, not sure if that makes a difference for revision number.
I only run the econ tune. I like how the engine runs and the shifts are crisp but not harsh, besides TCC lockup. It also doesn't let you lug as much, so every once in awhile it will shift down and back up on hills.

·
Registered
71 Posts
CR_Hunter I have a 2017 Ram 2500 68RFE and I am running CMER SOTF 0-180hp W/TCM Tuning V2.1, current mileage is 32,600 and I have been running this tune since 24,000 (8,600 miles). I have been in contact with CTT to get a tune that has a softer shift from 3 - 4 as I don't like the firm shift or TC lockup. The technician recommended the V2.1B tune. Honestly at this point, I am debating going back to the stock transmission tune as I feel the transmission tuning could hurt or make my transmission quit before it should. I wanted to contribute to this conversation so I can get more feedback and a better understanding of the transmission tuning. Also does anyone know what line pressure is to much for a stock 68RFE?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to reading everyone's input.
I am unsure of a good line pressure for a stock 68RFE unfortunately. I really am stuck on what to do between 3.2 beta and going back to version 2.1
Like I said in my earlier post I really liked what I remember about 2.1 tune except for the 5th-6th/6th-5th shifting between 55 & 60 MPH never knowing whether it wanted 6th or 5th gear. I love the incredible throttle response with 3.2 beta but feel like the shifts are very inconsistent. Sometimes very smooth transition sometimes harsh and not just TC lockup. Rarely maybe once every two months if that in one specific spot at the right rpm & speed on a slight grade before a corner my truck with downshift really hard which I don't like either. I'm mainly getting tired of the exhaust break now not engaging even at like 50 mph. My 2.1 tune I never had an issue with the exhaust break not engaging. When I ask CTT about it months ago they said 3.2 beta was the tune everyone told them they loved. Curious to know if 3.3 or 3.4 tune will work for a 2017 6.7 with the 68RFE.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I am unsure of a good line pressure for a stock 68RFE unfortunately. I really am stuck on what to do between 3.2 beta and going back to version 2.1
Like I said in my earlier post I really liked what I remember about 2.1 tune except for the 5th-6th/6th-5th shifting between 55 & 60 MPH never knowing whether it wanted 6th or 5th gear. I love the incredible throttle response with 3.2 beta but feel like the shifts are very inconsistent. Sometimes very smooth transition sometimes harsh and not just TC lockup. Rarely maybe once every two months if that in one specific spot at the right rpm & speed on a slight grade before a corner my truck with downshift really hard which I don't like either. I'm mainly getting tired of the exhaust break now not engaging even at like 50 mph. My 2.1 tune I never had an issue with the exhaust break not engaging. When I ask CTT about it months ago they said 3.2 beta was the tune everyone told them they loved. Curious to know if 3.3 or 3.4 tune will work for a 2017 6.7 with the 68RFE.

Everything with the CTT has worked great, but,
the trans tuning is really poor in my opinion :crying:

Harsh and inconsistent shifting, even with ZERO horsepower added.
4th, 5th, and 6th work great. The 2-3 up-shift is horrible.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Everything with the CTT has worked great, but,
the trans tuning is really poor in my opinion :crying:

Harsh and inconsistent shifting, even with ZERO horsepower added.
4th, 5th, and 6th work great. The 2-3 up-shift is horrible.

I agree completely on my 2012 AND I have that jerk the whole dang truck converter lockup on when no throttle in 3rd gear and coasting.

Aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have run just about every tune available from them and definitely agree about the trans tunes. I had a raceme sitting on my tool box from another truck so I bought a 2nd vin license and flashed in there tune with aftermarket trans tuning. I do have a revmax vb on my 18 2500 and all I can say is I'm extremely impressive with the way the truck runs and especially the trans shifting now. Shifts are great and lock up is in 4th and super smooth, slight flare going for 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 but not bad and only at light throttle. Exhaust brake also works great and now I actually leave it on.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Im on a stock trans and converter. I thought the converter lockup was a bit strong when I first flashed 3.0 10 months ago. It took awhile but it finally smoothed out. Regular or towing, its not much firmer than my Aisin truck now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What is the benefit of earlier locked shifts? Or is there a benefit? Still debating on returning to just 2.1 or sticking with 3.2
I have noticed since I downloaded 3.2 there is now a 2.1D and 2.1B but I just don't know why I should choose 2.1 with early locked shifts or 2.1D or B with later lockup.

141 - 160 of 240 Posts