Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
At 31mph I'm already in 4th gear.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start
I agree. yeah about 31mph im in 4th, and it seems I dont have much turbo boost either. Seems like its all motor. Not sure if I like it. I may have to go back to what I had. I also may be looking at buying tunes from someone else as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went from 4.0 to 2.1 0-200HP LBF & LOVE the shift points and shifting is smooth. However I went obsessive with the re-learn hoping for the best 'learning' pattern. I set my SOTF switch to level 1 with NO exhaust break on for the first 50 miles & ran exactly 30 miles at minimum under 30% throttle on level 1 (which I do with EVERY relearn). Except this time every 100 miles I would turn the SOTF switch to the next level until I reached 500 miles on level 5. I know this is ridiculously tedious but I feel it may have made a good impact on my shifts.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey guys, I just read this whole thread so I sent an email to CTT to see if they could supply me with a tune for my 09 6.7 Cummins with second gen turbo setup. They said I need to contact a dealer, any suggestions? It's been tough for me to find any providers of any Off road tunes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys, I just read this whole thread so I sent an email to CTT to see if they could supply me with a tune for my 09 6.7 Cummins with second gen turbo setup. They said I need to contact a dealer, any suggestions? It's been tough for me to find any providers of any Off road tunes.

Check out Optimal welding from BC Canada. I’ve been doing a ton of research for my 19.... thinking real serious about going with him. He has a YouTube Chanel also. He is a SMART dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Definitely check out optimal welding. As said before he knows his stuff. CTT is not that great in my opinion for tuning. Now if it was still HPP then I would say go HPP.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Definitely check out optimal welding. As said before he knows his stuff. CTT is not that great in my opinion for tuning. Now if it was still HPP then I would say go HPP.[/

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is a pretty lengthy thread.. is there any info on tuning on a truck with Aisin? From what I've read you want to make sure the tunes are defueling on shifts with an Aisin.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Definitely check out optimal welding. As said before he knows his stuff. CTT is not that great in my opinion for tuning. Now if it was still HPP then I would say go HPP.
Well I tried Mat @ Optimal but he said ha can't do my 6.7 remotely. Should I just go with EFI Live with an Auto Cal or use the MM3 I have?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Curious as to why you would say that about CTT?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Curious as to why you would say that about CTT?
I do not like the tuning they have. All the newer CTT tunes I have run on my truck are gutless, very low turbo boost and poor fuel mileage. I prefer the HPP tunes I still have. Some may disagree and that is perfectly fine. Customer service is okay. They seem to not like to explain on why one tune is better than the other or what it should or should not do when asked about it Or I would get " my truck doesnt do that" that is not what I wanna hear and does not help in anyway. They do get back to you very quickly though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Well I tried Mat @ Optimal but he said ha can't do my 6.7 remotely. Should I just go with EFI Live with an Auto Cal or use the MM3 I have?
If you want CTT tuning check out garofalo enterprises he sells the tuning for them. Good guy

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. I have been very happy with the CTT tune I've been running and their customer service has been solid prior to the purchase and after.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Intact 2.1 SOTF w/TCM Tuning

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
so i should clarify about what CTT tunes i do not like and that is the 3.2 beta and the 4.0 tune. those are the ones that i tried and liked the trans tuning,but not the engine side of tuning. now anything 2.1 and older are good and the truck runs strong. I feel the 2.0 is the best for my application and that is an HPP tune. I am currently running the 2.1D

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Not sure of its origin. When I bought the set up, it was from CTT.

·
Registered
464 Posts
2.1 and prior are HPP tunes. 3.0 and later are CTT tunes. CTT may have slightly revised some of the last 2.1 tunes but the basics of it is HPP. When it became CTT they decided to re-write the tunes entirely and came out with the 3.0 and 3.2 beta (depends on year of truck) and have been tweaking them ever since with a ton of different tunes. I tried multiple revisions of 3.2A, 3.3, 3.31, 3.33, 3.4, 3.4.1, etc.

I absolutely love the HPP tunes but have hated every CTT tune I've tried. YMMV.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Either will work fine for you. I personally prefer EFI Live as it gives the tuner (Mat in the case of optimal welding) a few extra parameters that he can adjust/tweak that aren't offered in the other tuning platforms (MM3 and EZLynk). Having said this, the difference it makes is probably unnoticeable to the majority of people.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Intact 2.1 SOTF w/TCM Tuning
What HP range are you running for version 2.1? 0-180 or 0-200HP? In my experience I ran 0-180HP 2.1 first about a year ago then went through all the new tunes & beta files and came to a final decision to stick with 2.1 0-200HP as I feel it shifts much different than v2.1 0-180HP.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, Revmax thermostat bypass, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start, Single Zone ATC

221 - 240 of 240 Posts