Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I talked to a salesman at CTT tuning today, not a technician, and I asked him what version I would be receiving as a first time customer. He told me that there is no version, it is just a standard tune. I then asked him about versions 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, etc., what those tunes were, and he claimed that those tunes were only for people that wanted revisions to their standard tune to fix a problem, and that not one tune is the same. So is the salesman mis-informed or should I have talked to a technician, because now I am confused.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I talked to a salesman at CTT tuning today, not a technician, and I asked him what version I would be receiving as a first time customer. He told me that there is no version, it is just a standard tune. I then asked him about versions 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, etc., what those tunes were, and he claimed that those tunes were only for people that wanted revisions to their standard tune to fix a problem, and that not one tune is the same. So is the salesman mis-informed or should I have talked to a technician, because now I am confused.
I had versions 1 something & 2.1 when I first bought my tuning & Ez Lynk so I would assume that he is wrong on the others being revisions because when I first purchased everything I didn't ask for a revision. I already had versions 1x and 2.1 versions loaded when installing.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am thinking he would be wrong too, but not sure, hopefully more people will chime in. Also I am getting EFI Live with Autocal so idk if that makes a difference than those with the Ezy-Link. I'll be calling again tomorrow and this time I'll talk to a tech and see what they say or when I finally order I'll let you guys know on here what I got.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking about making the switch over to CTT on my 2015 3500 with the Aisin. I just bought the truck, it has a rebuilt Aisin with triple disc and punisher diesel tuning.

The main complaint I have is the de fueling. I know Aisin trucks defuel between shifts but it almost cuts out all power between 1 and 2. I am not sure if this is something related to the ecm tuning or not, or if CTT tuning would be beneficial for my issue. I know there’s no tcm tuning for these trucks.

I ran CTT on my last truck with the 68 and loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just picked up a ez lynk with ctt tunes from rolling smoke. I can’t for the life of me find a turbo back exhaust though which is an issue. PM me if you know where I can get ahold of one.

But the question is, what is the max level you guys are towing on and hows your temps/egt’s been?

I have a 2014 2500 CCLB, 37’s and nitro 4.30 gears. I tow a bumper pull that’s about 11k fully loaded.

·
Registered
245 Posts
eBay seems to have a decent selection still. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the auto agent 1 and 2 is?

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Just picked up a ez lynk with ctt tunes from rolling smoke. I can’t for the life of me find a turbo back exhaust though which is an issue. PM me if you know where I can get ahold of one.

But the question is, what is the max level you guys are towing on and hows your temps/egt’s been?

I have a 2014 2500 CCLB, 37’s and nitro 4.30 gears. I tow a bumper pull that’s about 11k fully loaded.
Would keeping the stock exhaust and cutting the emissions stuff off and getting sections to replace them and with clamps not work? I know in my other diesels when I deleted the muffler I took a ride to the truck stop where they work on trucks I bought some heavy duty flex pipe and some straight pipe with the good band clamps and replaced them where I took muffler out

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ended up with a 4” flo pro with muffler. Might add one of the 30” fte resonators also just to keep the volume down and attempt to not draw attention.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got all my stuff coming in tomorrow. If I install the ez lynk and flash the tunes on etc, can I drive the truck with all the stock exhaust and such on it without an issue? I need to drive it to a friends shop to pull the exhaust but would like to be able to have the tuning done prior to.

·
Green Angel
1,181 Posts
When I did mine I was told by Jonathan Drive it around for a few miles to make sure everything is operating as it should BUT do not get on the throttle go easy because with all that factory exhaust stuff still on, it makes it hard for the engine to breathe. He said max of 100 miles. Everything under the hood your fine with though. My egr is still intack and I have been driving like that for 62k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Traveling down the expressway, cruise set at 75 mph, pulling a 12' utility trailer unloaded, I have noticed that boost swings from 0 to maybe 14 psi over and over with no noticable change in incline, direction, or wind. Running CTT econ tune with stock trans tuning. Has anyone else notice this, and worked out a solution? If I reduce speed to around 70 it doesn't do it. I also do not think it does it without a trailer.

I am guessing if I log boost and throttle %, I would see corresponding throttle % changes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
So just got my auto agent installed and am running 0-200hp sotf v2.1B. I see that v2.1D locks the trans in 4th instead of 3rd. What’s the pluses and minuses of locking the trans in 3rd vs 4th gear?

My truck is a 2014 2500 with 37’s and nitro 4.30 gears. Other than 4” flo pro its stock. I daily drive the truck as well as tow a 10k lbs travel trailer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone running the new 4.0 UDT? I'm not a huge fan of a couple of things so far.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Anyone running the new 4.0 UDT? I'm not a huge fan of a couple of things so far.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start
I am running it. Truck sounds way louder with the 4.0 tune than it did with the 2.0 I had. A much deeper tone.
I am Still in the relearn process and trans seems to shift nice so far. I run unlocked shifts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and locked for 4th, 5th, and 6th. What I dont like is how early 4th 5th and 6th goes into gear so It lugs the motor. Now I'm sure I can change that somehow once I learn more about each setting and what it does. The throttle response is great with no throttle lag for sure. It is instant touch and go. Time will tell if I like it and if I dont like it I will go back to my 2.0 and stay with that.

Would like to hear from others that have downloaded this as well and what settings they are running and any tips on what is what for settings. CTT should come out with a how to video or some sort of instructions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am running it. Truck sounds way louder with the 4.0 tune than it did with the 2.0 I had. A much deeper tone.
I am Still in the relearn process and trans seems to shift nice so far. I run unlocked shifts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and locked for 4th, 5th, and 6th. What I dont like is how early 4th 5th and 6th goes into gear so It lugs the motor. Now I'm sure I can change that somehow once I learn more about each setting and what it does. The throttle response is great with no throttle lag for sure. It is instant touch and go. Time will tell if I like it and if I dont like it I will go back to my 2.0 and stay with that.

Would like to hear from others that have downloaded this as well and what settings they are running and any tips on what is what for settings. CTT should come out with a how to video or some sort of instructions.
I'm running locked shifts 3rd-6th and fueling 5 and shift firmness stock converter and have done 50 miles with no exhaust brake and 30 miles 30% throttle and under and it shifts into 4th way too early as well as 5th & 6th. I was running 2.1 and pretty well liked it. If they don't find a way to correct the lugging and the exhaust break cutting off much earlier I will revert back to 2.1

·
Registered
71 Posts
At 31mph I'm already in 4th gear.

201 - 220 of 240 Posts