Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get the HP Tuner soon. I've read through most of the threads on the forum about the HP Tuner and I'm considering using Firepunk tuning. I received great service from them on my trans. What other tuners do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
340 Posts
My brother has firepunk tunes and they run very well. Super clean all the way to 4500rpms. He's on stock sticks, motorsports cp3, and I believe a tater 62/65.

·
Registered
716 Posts
ATP would be another good choice

·
Premium Member
7,071 Posts
Another vote for Innovative and Silver bullet but still agree with Firepunk, Altered, and Anarchy.

All are reputable.
Boils down to who answers the phone or communicates when needed and customer service. I think all of those have that and top level tuning ability.

IF I lived near any I would probably go with that one.
Nothing beats a ride in the truck and or dyno tuning.
Some of that is making the most drivable and smoke reduction but peak power can for sure benefit from it also.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I really like my Altered Diese / Proline tuning

Reactions: Rivey

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I will say having the truck with the tuner is priceless. Altered tunes my truck and I'm beyond pleased with how the truck drives and how clean it is at idle with 230% overs, single pump, single turbo, and lower than stock compressions ratio.

Reactions: Rivey

·
Premium Member
7,071 Posts
I will say having the truck with the tuner is priceless. Altered tunes my truck and I'm beyond pleased with how the truck drives and how clean it is at idle with 230% overs, single pump, single turbo, and lower than stock compressions ratio.
That's some injectors to tame and not to mention single turbo.

That brings up a good point also.if your a 400 to 540hp truck or goal and basically stock your getting a whoever tuners box tunes. Are they great comparitivley , yes.

Will all the top tuners work with you to figure out why your truck doesn't make what it should? Yes.

You don't need local tuner for that. It will help always but the return is not as great. A time or two back and forth if any will hide your symptoms.

A heavier modified truck benefits more from a local tuner obviously.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I appreciate it! Fleece, Scheid, Danville Performance, Firepunk, and others are all within driving distance of me. Firepunk is around 3 hours and all others are within 1 - 1.5 hours. Right now I'm communicating with a few to find more out about their tunes, prices, support, etc.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does anyone know of a shop with a tuner in house that on the wet side of Washington ot Oregon? Maybe even in Idaho?

Thinking ahead to my summer travels, and by then I might have sold my Smarty Sr, to move the funds to HP.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Does anyone know of a shop with a tuner in house that on the wet side of Washington ot Oregon? Maybe even in Idaho?

Thinking ahead to my summer travels, and by then I might have sold my Smarty Sr, to move the funds to HP.
ATP trucks is in Idaho. Good guys.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What is a better all around tune, dyno or email tuning? I want to go to firepunk but it is a 5 hour drive one way for me.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I simply made my comment because I live 45 minutes from their shop and my setup is unique. The vast majority of you guys will be fine with remote tuning via email.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.