Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all. I have owned my truck for about 30k miles. I am going to start with my clutch. I have no maintenance history before 178k miles. Judging from some aspects I have repaired, this baby was run hard and put up wet. But back to the topic. I have the following:

Fleece Cheetah
ATS compound kit
Unknown brand 100% injectors (possibly soon to be BBI stage IIs)
Dual CP3s
ATS CAI
5" exhaust w/ 4" DP
3.73 gears (really want 4.10s) on 37" tires
Anarchy tuning I spend 90% of my time in the Stock/Economy tune but there are times I turn on the "James Bond Tune" and disappear behind a black cloud.

Can anyone give me a ballpark HP guess so I can decide on a clutch? I would like to either get the SB DD3250 or if I need to I would go to the Valair street triple. I have heard good things about both of them. I don't tow often at all, and this rig is really just a DD for the time being. Any input is really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discuss your setup with South Bend and go with their recommendation.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
You didn't mention what you have for air. Just based off your fueling and tuning I say go with the triple.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I found the turbo info in your signature.
I wouldn't say I'm that knowledgeable about guessing power, but I'd guess you'd be at least in the 800HP range.

·
Registered
250 Posts
+1 for South Bend. They have the knowledge and products you need. My experience with them has been all good.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Reactions: RoyR80 and tryNto

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's about what I thought I was at. The guy I bought it from tried to tell me it was at 1000hp...but I'm pretty sure you'd need more fuel and more air for that. In any case it looks like I'll need a triple. All the duals except the 3600 are topped out at 650. Really appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My next question is what is a recommended clutch. Obviously it’ll be either SB or Valair but which clutch do/have you run? All the street DD clutches I’ve seen are rated to 650hp wouldn’t that slip if I’m in my full on tune and trying to get the skinny pedal through the floor board?

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I run a dual disc, so I can't recommend a triple. I don't think a dual will hold your power

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.