Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the 3rd Gen Peformance Parts forum but wanted to get my fellow locals opinion....

So I never ran my truck on a dyno but currently the performance mods I have are the Edge Juice with Attitude and Hot Unlock, Banks intake and a 4 inch straight pipe exhaust to a 6" single stack. I was considering selling the edge for a smarty but I like the fact that the edge has the defuel and the convertor lock/unlock to protect my truck tranny and motor a bit. I know the smarty works awesome because I have actually ran one on mine at a truck show for a bit but I am also not in the market for a new tranny at the moment. I would like to get HP around 425-450. With my set up now I was thinking to add an Air Dog system and some 90-100hp injector nozzles. Dont want to spend a ton on a cp3 upgrade either. Any idea what HP that would put me at approximately? Also any better ideas for a set up!!

Sorry for the long book I wrote just wanted to get everything out there before people comment.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I watched a bone stock 06 mega dyno on Dunbars rollers and put down 423hp with a Smarty on 9 and a muffler delete. Build a trans to hold that, it would prob load the engine for better power. A trans, manual gauges and a Smarty will make you a warm 440hp IMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that def sounds good and about right the only thing is I dont have 5K for a new tranny right now. I was thinking maybe just upgrading the converter to a triple disc which will run me about 1200 probably but for the same price I could have the fuel system and nozzles installed. I know they say nozzles can run your egt's up a bit without upgrading the turbo so that is another thing I have to think about. Its alwasy something I am learning, when you want one thing done there is something else that needs replaced or upgraded. Its never ending but yet we all love it!!

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
If your trans is not abused yet you can install a good converter and VB and you will be good for a while. Lock up switches are bad though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
where are your edge juice is there a T/C lockup setting ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts