Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talkin to a guy with his truck for sale. 01 24v 4x4 124,xxx miles 5spd. He sent me some pics from the engine, hes gonna send some more tomorrow. what really caught my eye was the elbow on the intake. I saw another one it said the grid heater caught on fire, but this one isnt near as bad. Kinda just looks like its 11 years old lol

·
Marble Crusher
1,832 Posts
Yea other than the intake elbow it looks fine, is it still in the truck so you can hear it run, and check for codes?

-Jordan-

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,042 Posts
... And fuel pressure? :confused013:

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the guy ended up not wanting a trade so I didnt get to look at it. I was already skiddish. It was on craigslist for $8900 and the guy said hes buys them from auctions and sells them for profit. Not sure why he wouldnt take a $16k+ truck for his lol but whatever probably a good thing for me

·
Registered
118 Posts
man if he's asking 8900 for a truck with an engine that looks like that i should ask 10,000 for mine .some parts of the engine in those pics look ok but that oil on the apps cover means he's been checkin the oil alot and that could only mean that it's loosin or burning oil .that valve cover needs to be redone for sure and the elbo where i think the grd heater is looks to have been really heated up. but don't take my words for it cause i am fairly new to the diesel truck world.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i check my oil pretty often. it doesnt leak or use any but you never know when it could start:thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
i check my oil too but i wipe it down after. i guess the guy just left the oil drips there maybe?

·
Alabama Chapter VP
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like i said, he buys from an auction so he only had it for a really short period of time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.