Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there have an Icebox intake for their 6.7? And if so, how do you like it?

I'm stuck between getting an AFE or an Icebox. :confused:

·
Registered
723 Posts
AFE seems to be favored....thats what I ordered from K2, will throw up some pics and input when i get it in a day or so.

·
Registered
199 Posts
AFE may be favored, but ICEBOX is one-off and a sponsor of cumminsforum.com -- Take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got an IceBox intake and I like it..Pretty easy to install...Looks nice...I gained about 1 mpg after installing it...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got an IceBox intake and I like it..Pretty easy to install...Looks nice...I gained about 1 mpg after installing it...
How much did u have to pay for ur Icebox. Just curious what the price difference is

·
Registered
83 Posts
I paid somewhere around $390 or $400 with shipping.....and yes that would be 1 mpg hand calculated...I saw the same gain in mpg with my 2006 2500 CTD that I had.....after I put an S&B intake on it....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Price included filter and toob AtlanticBlue?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Price included filter and toob AtlanticBlue?
Yeah that was with an Amsoil Nanofiber Air Filter..Icebox intake came as a complete kit....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just checkin'. That's about what I paid too for everything -- *everything* in front of the turbo.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just ordered mine...I think I ordered it because it isn't AFE. Wanted to support a smaller manufacture with more attention to detail. Not sure which is better but both seem to be popular. Of course, customizing the Icebox is easier if your into that look. I got mine in old 70's Chevy orange. I've heard the Amsoil filter is an excellent filter as well.

The only concern I had with the Icebox is the amount of metal which could heat up from the engine. Some tend to be concerned about that others don't. We'll see when I take a hold of it. Craftsmanship is said to be excellent!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts