Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How useless would a 2500 4X4 with 40"s be.

2336 Views 34 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  buddy 26
Im looking at a 2005 2500 with 40s on ebay, How bad would fuel mileage and tire noise be with this truck ?
Dodge : Ram 2500:eBay Motors (item 220421666024 end time Jun-04-09 10:17:03 PDT)
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long do tires like these last?

· 06 Cummins
2,899 Posts
it says it comes with 2 new tires!!

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
my trucks not too useless. :lol4:

· ICC Advertising Director
972 Posts
It looks like it has 3" of body lift, just an FYI. Most people prefer not to do body lifts, especially on these trucks.

· Registered
277 Posts
It looks like it has 3" of body lift, just an FYI. Most people prefer not to do body lifts, especially on these trucks.
"MOST PEOPLE" !!!!!!! how about "some people"? i think they work fine. here we go again with that whole body lift thing:doh:

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
i dont see anything wrong with a body lift, when installed right.

· Registered
1,198 Posts
To replace those tires tread depot has them listed for $612.40 EACH plus shipping.

· Registered
383 Posts
Do these trucks even wheel? I go where my buddy's half tons will go with their little 33's but I get stuck whenever I go out with this '96 shorty half ton on 35's. He doesn't even have to rally it through the deepest mudholes and I'll get buried in them.
With a set of 35" swampers or something would I just mow through any hole or do you guys with the lifts only see heavy action with a 40+ tire?

· Registered
4,160 Posts
i would defiantly ask for a differential fluid change!

· Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Nothing wrong with a body lift especially on what is essentially a show truck. Those tirea are expensive to replace. It looks like a Tuff Country 6" spacer lift that has had it's lower arms replaced with Superlift arms. One of the wheels is missing either a lug nut or a wheel stud. Any ideas of what gearing is in the truck?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.