Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hook up an aftermarket TV in my truck. I've got the wiring harness all wired up, how ever there are two power (constant 12v yellow lines) and two grounds on the harness. Once I install this setup the radio only will power on or off with the power button, reguardless if the key is in the ignition or not.

I'm wondering how you have to hook this TV or anyother aftermarket radio up to turn on and off automaticly with the key in the ignition?

·
Registered
451 Posts
take it to the fuse block and tap into a fuse that works when you want it to.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
On the bottome of the fuse block, you can use the pink wire with a yellow tracer in the 100 pin bundle. Test with a light first. I actually tapped into this wire under the dash at the 100 pin connector just behind the parking brake.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. So for any aftermarket radio they aren't plug and play on Dodges?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks for the replys. So for any aftermarket radio they aren't plug and play on Dodges?

not quite but they arent far from it, any audio store will have a wiring harness that goes from stock plug in truck to aftermarket radio plug of your choice, and the dark blue wire will always be the remote wire that is the one you will plug into a fuse

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
tap your power wire into the accessory power wire on your ignition

·
Registered
495 Posts
Any radio is plug n play for Dodges!! I can get you the needed harness for any radio for any vehicle you want!! I have done several Ram trucks...latest being 2 - 07 models and replaced the factory CD players with Pioneer Avic-Z3 units....and didn't cut one single wire!! You just have to know where to get them and what models to get!!

I'll give anyone here on the board what they need at the right price!! I am a distributor for Pioneer, Audiovox/Prestige, Clarion, Powerbass, Omega, PAC Audio and SOOO many more!! Let me know what you need and I can help!!

NOW...as for the key question up top....I agree with Cummins above...tap the accessory wire in your ignition harness. If you need help in locating the right wire (color/best location), PM me and I'll help you with it. Only 2 screws to pumm off on bottom to get you to the harness and you're set. One recommendation...I don't know what kinf of TVs they are...but I would highly suggest using a relay for the simple fact that you can fuse it separately from the factory circuit. You can use the factory circuits for the power and ignition taps, but fused separate so if something ever did happen, it wouldn't affect your factory stuff. Need any help...just hollor!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM Sent
Any radio is plug n play for Dodges!! I can get you the needed harness for any radio for any vehicle you want!! I have done several Ram trucks...latest being 2 - 07 models and replaced the factory CD players with Pioneer Avic-Z3 units....and didn't cut one single wire!! You just have to know where to get them and what models to get!!

I'll give anyone here on the board what they need at the right price!! I am a distributor for Pioneer, Audiovox/Prestige, Clarion, Powerbass, Omega, PAC Audio and SOOO many more!! Let me know what you need and I can help!!

NOW...as for the key question up top....I agree with Cummins above...tap the accessory wire in your ignition harness. If you need help in locating the right wire (color/best location), PM me and I'll help you with it. Only 2 screws to pumm off on bottom to get you to the harness and you're set. One recommendation...I don't know what kinf of TVs they are...but I would highly suggest using a relay for the simple fact that you can fuse it separately from the factory circuit. You can use the factory circuits for the power and ignition taps, but fused separate so if something ever did happen, it wouldn't affect your factory stuff. Need any help...just hollor!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't get it. Does your TV not have one red wire. This is usually the switched power that tells the system that the ignition is on, power up now.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the new dodges do not have a specific switched 12V at the harness. The stock radio uses the CANBUS signal as a "switched" signal. You can either get a dodge specific harness that
has a box to talk with the CANBUS that has a switched 12v output for the radio....or tie into a switched 12V somewhere on the truck. Personally, I, along with many others, have tapped the cigarette lighter (it is switched on and off via the ignition and is not constant 12V like the power outlet on the passenger side).

PAC Chrysler Radio Replacement Interface Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2005-up Chrysler-made vehicles (model C2R-CHYNA) at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it working, just had to wire up the red wire to a 12v accessory ignition swiched. Worked Great, Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Guy's I have an 07 that has an aftermarket CD player that the prviouse owner install along with a Xm radio the other day I changed my batteries and now the radio and the xm must be manually turned on and off manually. This is a real pain in the Neck. Anyone have any ides what happened??

·
Registered
1 Posts
SiriusXM

Hi there-

Could you send us an email with your contact information to [email protected], so we can help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Guy's I have an 07 that has an aftermarket CD player that the prviouse owner install along with a Xm radio the other day I changed my batteries and now the radio and the xm must be manually turned on and off manually. This is a real pain in the Neck. Anyone have any ides what happened??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts