Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, we just did a 12v swap into an 02' 6 speed truck. Motor came out of an automatic. We used the wiring from a 96' automatic truck that ran last year but was parked for a yea, and we can't get it to turn over, or get fuel to the injectors when we wrre trying to bleed the lines. The Carter pump got warm but there is no fuel comming to the injectors. Is the pump shot? And is there a way of testing this pump. And how do you bypass the neutral safety switch on the automatic tranny wiring.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Need someone with ability to read a wiring diagram. This is not a plug and play conversion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But how do you test your primer pump? Isn't it just the positive that gives it power and primes the main pump? Cause I'm getting power to that... And I cracked one of the injectors and there is no fuel. Cause I just jumped the starter and it's turning over now, but there's no fuel. And will cranking it over a period of time finally start the engine?

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
probably sounds stupid, but what are you using to actuate the kill linkage on the injection pump and is it functioning correctly....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts