Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to replace an injector and im thinking upgrade my injectors (to maybe 100-150HP injectors) but don't know what injector pump is installed (dont want to spend extra money on higher hp injectors if my pump wont handle them). the previous owner replaced it so its not the original. any ideas?? pictures would help i know but i don't know how to upload them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Unfortunately for you all vp44s look the same. But yours being a 1999 should be an so pump. Unless a previous owner put in a hot rod vp44 or dragon fire pump for some unkown reason but if you idle regularly without any kind of lope feeling its probably just a stock vp44

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Look the the driver side of the engine in front of the IP....

There is a data tag and will tell you all about your engine...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya kinda figured it was a vp44. may have to save up 2k or 3k and go for a v7100 swap

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also im trying to find new high pressure fuel lines (from pump to injectors) any idea where i can find some

its a p 7100 and your vp will run 150 hp injectors with no problem. doing it right now in mine.

what injectors are you putting in rpage

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
are you looking for vp lines or p pump lines. I bought them used on here so i havent a clue who made them but i have put about 3k miles since the instal and other then high egt's have had no issues. i had to replace one of my .093 lines and got it from schied.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You dont actually change your pressure on a vp truck, you just change the timing which changes how much fuel is injected. Different fuel lines wouldnt help. And im runnin 220 hp injectors on my vp which is aftermarket but probably doesnt move much more if any more than stock. All 98.5-2002 are vp44 unless someone spent the time and $$$ to do a p-pump swap. Just find the injectors for your year model and you'll be set.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not sure of name :doh:. all 6 lines. there starting to scale so of im doin injectors i figure i may as wall do the lines too. just want stock or a bit bigger but either must be pre bent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts