Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.

I've been looking though trying and find out how you would tell if the auto trans is slipping.

These past few months, I've notice the trucks is really sluggish. I get on the gas and it's just barely moves. I have to get the rpm's past 2k before it would start picking up speed. Is the transmission slipping? I bought this truck with unknown maintenance history. I had the transmission service last year, filter/fluid change. I've got 180k miles on the clock. Other then it take forever to get up to speed, once it gets going, it goes. Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Eugene

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the torque converter is not locking up. It looks like I need to do some more reading.

Thanks,
Eugene

·
HI
3,448 Posts
im not a big believer in changing the tranny fluid unless it is dirty. i know alot of people who have had there tranny fluid changed and within a few 1,000 miles it goes out on them. in my opinion if the fluid is dirty than you alredy have a prob.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the first used auto I've ever bought. I've always driven manual vehicals. My grandfather told me I shouldn't have changed the fluid also. I was going to have a shop go over it when I first got the truck but it ran really well until now.

Eugene

1 - 6 of 6 Posts