Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 with the 6 speed HO motor would it possibly be a 53 block?:confused013:

· Sasquatch
3,788 Posts
i have a 02 with the 6 speed HO motor would it possibly be a 53 block?:confused013:
Mine is on the driver side of the block with a 53 stamped over the oil pan. Best thing to do is not worry about it because if you know you have one you will freak out. Being an '02 you most likely have a different block.

· Premium Member
75 Posts
I know there are a few 01s with the 53, but I have never heard of an 02 with one, I think they had em all used up by then.

· On call 24/7
13,747 Posts
Reactions: NCcummins

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts

· Oregon Chapter VP
1,308 Posts
OK I looked at mine and it has a 55 on the block on the left side I dont know if it will be any where else or do you guys know if I am good

· On call 24/7
13,747 Posts
If it says "55" then you have a 55 block.:thumbsup:

· Registered
24 Posts
I just did the same. My new truck i just got has a 53! haha

· Registered
986 Posts
Like I have told many, use it as an opportunity to see how many miles and how much hp you can make without cracking it. That was to be my goal if I had a 53

· Registered
58 Posts
Don't worry about it.
:ditto: I have to agree with just another cummins, I have one with only 115000 on it , mild on the mods, but it gets a work out, I just keep an eye on it and I DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT:thumbsup:

· Registered
12 Posts
Like I have told many, use it as an opportunity to see how many miles and how much hp you can make without cracking it. That was to be my goal if I had a 53
Mine has 169k no crack! But it also doesn't have many mods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.