Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my fuel rail valve out. Can't seperate it. I may be being too gentle...and thereby doing more damage.

The instruction from TS say to unthread it with the big nut...but I swear it is not threaded. So I've been poking at the little dimples with jewelers screwdrivers but it hasn't decided to seperate.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The big nut goes on the threads of the valve = first. Clamp the small end in a vise, carefully so you don't scratch it, but fairly tight on the vice.. May have to try a few times with the vice to get it tight enuf, if it comes out of the vice when you back the nut off the threads towards the vice, go a little tighter.

In short, the small end gets held and the nut is used to pull the main assembly away from the vice to access the internals. Inside is a spring, and in the cap that will be in the vice is a small disc with three holes, and a needle valve under that that you don't want to disturb, but if you do don't loose it cause the valve is quite expensive to replace.

Be sure to use a piece of cardboard of whatever when yu reassemble it so you don't scratch or damage the cap end with the vice.

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Cloudy. Works like a charm when you are backing the nut off instead of trying to keep screwing it on.

So it is all put back together now except for getting the actual electrical connection undone and reconnected through the MP-8. Light is fading...I'll do that part tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts