Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blackstone oil analysis kit. How do you guys mail this off? Do you send a check? Do you send it UPS or USPS? Do you send it off in the black bottle or do you box everything up?

·
Registered
830 Posts
i usually fill out the papers, put the sample in the black bottle, bring it in to the local ups store and tell them to ship it out! lol

·
Registered
830 Posts
o, and of course i pay for the shipping at the ups store....

·
Hemi
12,603 Posts
I think I put mine in a bubble envelope since they said the shippers sometimes have trouble with the little black bottle.

·
Registered
739 Posts
USPS'd mine. They stared at it a minute then wrote 'non-hazardous' on the side. Cost a few bucks. You can send a check or a credit card # on the paperwork.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How much does the analysis cost?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I put mine in a bubble envelope since they said the shippers sometimes have trouble with the little black bottle.
The UPS lady suggested I put mine in a bubble envelope.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
There are directions for mailing it with every kit and directions on their website......can't be any easier

·
On call 24/7
12,324 Posts
^^^^, put the oil in the clear bottle, put the oil soaker around the bottle and then both go in the plastic bag and back into the black bottle. Put $2.29 worth of stamps on it and drop it in the mailbox. I shipped one off the 21st feb and they emailed me with the results today. I sent $35 for the TBN numbers too.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The fumoto valve make's it easy to get an sample.(FUMOTO ENGINEERING) I am new to the Dodge diesel trucks but for $25, one can send in an oil sample and learn a lot about your vehicle's engine. One should be able to send off an oil sample before buying a used diesel truck. Carfaxes are ok, but don't tell you about the engine's condition.

·
On call 24/7
12,324 Posts
I worry that some @$$hole would open the valve at night or something and them F up my engine. Blackstone says to not get the first oil out or the last but some from the middle. I just got my sample loaded if youins want to look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Glad I use Amsoil instead. I buy the kits all pre-paid for $25. That includes the kit shipped to me and postage paid to ship to oil analyzers INC and for the analasis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.