Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i have pulled the trans pan, and just like you all said, there are parts in the trans pan. I have a broken second gear band lever. Now i need to know how to get the pin out so i can install a new lever?
I am assuming i need to pull the valve body out to get the other side of the band back on the adjustment wedge? I can see the band, and it is moving around in there, but doesnt seem to be broken, but the lever was.
Do i need to pull the trans to install a nother band rocker? i am not sure how to get the pin to move aside so i can get another rocker in there.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

·
1ST GEN
15,573 Posts
If memory serves me right. You need to remove the trans. When looking into the bellhousing. At the 11:00 position there is a pipe plug crewed into the trans case. The pivot pin is removed threw that opening.

Now the bad news. That pipe plug is driven in with an impact at the factory. It might be hard to get out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.