Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just figured this out today while installing a cb in my dads truck. pull out the rubber cup holders and pry out the 4x4 shifter boot from the side closest to the rear of the truck. there should be 2 8mm screws under the shifter and 2 under the cup holders, then u can lift that part out. next is the 2nd half of the the panel that is still on the tranny hump, i believe there is 2 - 8mm screws holding that in. then there is 2 7mm screws under the vertical plate you want access to. that should be all u need to remove everything in the picture.

good luck.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
If you need to remove the center dash, then looking up from the indentation in the dash, there'll be two screws on the far outsides. Once you remove them the entire center piece (around radio, etc) pulls (with great dificulty) sraight out...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks crthompson. I should have realized it's not as simple as the removal of couple of clips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you need to remove the center dash, then looking up from the indentation in the dash, there'll be two screws on the far outsides. Once you remove them the entire center piece (around radio, etc) pulls (with great dificulty) sraight out...
Thanks - I hope it's not needed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
There were two parts that held me up a little bit. The bottom part pictured right in front of the 4x4 shifter has to be pulled straight down. Once you get that out, there are two screws that go straight up into the center face. And like stated above, it is a to pull out. Once you remove those two screws pull hard and it'll cum easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts