Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
My cruise doesn't work after installation. I have an work truck and swapped the steering column and added a gas cruise unit. Used the wiring diagram from this sticky. Had no lights on the dash except for the self test and then only for the off button. Took it to the Ford dealer and they took a quick look at it and the service manager and I had a good conversation and he thought it could be the control switches. I replaced those and now the cruise light and comes on but does not engage. The brake pedal turns the light off on the dash and resume button turns the cruise light back on but no engagement. The self test does not work past the on button. The scrap yard that sold me the cruise unit let me have another one and I plugged it in and the self test ran the same way no results from the Resume, Set Accel, Coast buttons. This has me stumped.

Update:
Just for the heck of it I installed the replacement cruise unit from the scrap yard and the system works! The self test still does not go past the on button and I can live with that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any updates on getting the cruise working? I have a 2005 F250 ex 6.0 with Common rail and ZF6. All the wiring is correct and there are no blown fuses and I have tried two servos without any luck. I have exhausted all areas and have yet to figure out whats going on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any updates on getting the cruise working? I have a 2005 F250 ex 6.0 with Common rail and ZF6. All the wiring is correct and there are no blown fuses and I have tried two servos without any luck. I have exhausted all areas and have yet to figure out whats going on.
You should PM Grigg from post 17 and ask him if he solved his cruise problem. He has the same truck as you. He is pretty active at the 4btswaps.com forums, I PM'd him several times during my build and he alway got back to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need some help with this on a 97 f350 7.3 truck I 12 valved. The pcm pinout is different and labeled different. I'm not sure what pins to use. Does anyone have any experience with the obs trucks?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I need some help with this on a 97 f350 7.3 truck I 12 valved. The pcm pinout is different and labeled different. I'm not sure what pins to use. Does anyone have any experience with the obs trucks?
we need to actually get all the pinouts for the Fords and post them in a sticky. If any onone has any pinout diagrams post them up

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm working on a 2000 f350 12v swap and I have been following diesel conversion instructions and can not get my Cruz too work using them. They are diffrent than what's posted on this sticky. So my question is, will this sticky info work with a 2000 setup or is it just for 04 and up super duty? Also, is this sticky for an automatic or zf6?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was a 7.3 with manual trans

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did your cruise work before the swap? If it did you can eliminate your steering wheel controls. I added cruise with scrap yard parts and had to replace the switches in the steering wheel (new) and went through 2 modules before it worked, very frustrating. The gas cruise module used in this sticky is wired the same from mid 90's to as late as you want to go as long as you have the cable driven accelerator. You need to post a few more specifics about testing results with regards to inputs and outputs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
On my 05 I'm not seeing a break pressure input pin for the #9 connector. Any clue what I should use?

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is driving me nuts! I tried following the instructions in the first few posts, but ended up with no speedo and a TBC fault. I instead T'ed the VSS wire and the brake pressure wire and fixed those issues. I'm confused with the other connections. Do you reconnect them on the PCM side or the "truck side"?

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok so Ive searched for hours and spent way to much time trying to figure this one out!!!!!! Can anyone tell me how to wire the cruise in a 94.5 F350 standard just trying to finish up the wiring before I close this thing up thanks in advance Larry

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 SD crew cab with a 2002 Cummins ISB engine and I am having the same issues most of you are. No cruise function, no lights of any kind. Self test does nothing. I have checked all the inputs to the 1999 cruise servo and they are all correct. It just doesn't work. The truck originally had a power stroke in it with an auto trans. This is the second servo I have put in it. Both bought off of ebay used. Hard to believe I got two inop servos but I can't think of any other reason it won't work. Any ideas????????

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
All, the original truck that this was done too was a 2004 6.0 diesel, 4x4, with a ZF6. None of the wires are to be TEE'D into the existing harness except the H.I.R and the Ground. I tried TEE'ING the wires together at first and nothing would work. Remove the crimped pin connector from the pcm plug and solder the corresponding CC wire to the matched up PCM wire. The gas CC unit has the brain in it to calculate the logs and adjust the cable to maintain the proper speed. Also make sure you are looking at the plug the correct way. There are some small number on the front and rear of the connectors that have the number slots printed on the plug. I went to my brother house to aid in his 2005 12v swap and he was looking at the plug incorrectly. I will try to answer questions more.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
hot in run

21 - 40 of 49 Posts