Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my truck. But....im clueless on what I should ask. Its a 2015 mega cab limited. 80K HPP/CTT 60hp tow tune CTS 2 monitor
Carli backcountry suspension
fuel wheels
ICI magnum steps
stainless diesel S465 2nd gen swap
D&J valve cover
pusher intake
valve springs
pushrods
head studs
fleece powerflo 850
BUILT 68
Billet input shaft
Billet flex plate
custom valve body w sonnex accumulator kit and D&J billet lower
sonnex Billet drum
suncoast triple disc torque converter

Ive put about 5000 miles on since all this work. I moved and just don't drive it anymore.

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Well, generally, you can just forget about much in the way of value being added from all the mods. Lots of mods turns many buyers off.

So, check around the various places where trucks are being sold and go by the prices being asked. "Asked" being the key, just because someone puts a certain price on what they are selling, doesn't mean they will be getting that for it.

And, the quicker you want to get rid of it, the cheaper the price would need to be.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I know this isn’t the post you want to see, and I wish I could say your truck is worth $xx,xxx but the reality is that no one can say that. We all know that a trucks only worth what someone else is willing to pay unfortunately.

I can appreciate and respect the nice list of mods you have on your truck, but a bank is only going to finance someone for the NADA or KBB value of your truck. I hate to say it, but your mods mean nothing to that value, meaning if you’re trying to sell the truck with the mods on it, you're likely dealing with a cash buyer or someone who can put enough down to pay for the mods and finance the truck, not a common buyer.

I tried to sell my Tundra with the mods on it and didn’t have any luck. I priced it at KBB value and added 25% of the value of the mods I had on it at the time, everyone that was interested just wanted to point out that I was asking more than NADA. I wound up returning it to stock, getting almost NADA retail for a trade-in, and selling the mods separately for almost 40% of what I paid for them.

I wish you the best of luck with your sale, and hope you find a buyer that sees the full value of that truck, and not a bank buyer who gets it for just NADA value.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Keep it or part it out. You will never come close to recouping what you put into it as a modded truck. Personally I deduct for mods like that as i see it as a possible money pit. You may find some young kid willing to go in debt and pay more for it but you are dealing with a very small market. Most people don't want something that as been "modded" like that. Not what you want to hear but that's my take on it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mods are for you, not the next owner.
Mods do not add value to the truck.
It is worth what someone is willing to pay and what you are willing to accept.
Mods will make the truck more difficult to sell and that brings value down.
Selling due to distress from divorce, foreclosure, job loss, child birth, family drama and repossessions all reduce the value of the truck.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Here in Utah a nice lift and tires/wheels will actually make it worth a bit more than a stock truck but all of your other mods won’t add any value at all and will actually scare many buyers off.

·
Registered
12,122 Posts
Selling due to distress from divorce, foreclosure, job loss, child birth, family drama and repossessions all reduce the value of the truck.
Not sure why any of those circumstances would affect the value of a vehicle.
Unless the seller makes it clear that he/she is desperate.

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Not sure why any of those circumstances would affect the value of a vehicle.
Unless the seller makes it clear that he/she is desperate.
Maybe reduces the value in the seller's eyes, because they just need out.

But, I don't think any of this is what the OP wanted to hear.

He probably wanted to hear that his truck was worth tons of $$$.

·
Registered
12,122 Posts
Maybe reduces the value in the seller's eyes, because they just need out.
Yeah, but unless the seller puts "Divorce forces sale", or something similar in an ad, or mentions the predicament in person, the potential buyer won't know to kick them while their down.

After all, a certain vehicle has a certain value, regardless of the reason for selling it, right?
Although a lower priced vehicle will likely sell faster - unless the price is so low that it looks suspicious.
I have bypassed a few too-good-to-be-true vehicles because of that.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well IMO there are several things going on here.

1) the truck is modified which does make a lot of people see it as "abused" well used.

2) the resale prices of these trucks is very high close enough that you can get a new one with better financing making the payment comparable

3) Most people need to rely on financing and do not have the cash to buy the vehicle.

Personally I avoid "modified" vehicles, I like stock so I know what is going on with it. With that being said I am in a position right now with my 2012 that I either need to trade it in, sell it or delete it. If I delete it I am of the thought I will own it till it is worthless because of it being modified.

On the positive side there is the person out there that will love the vehicle and have the means to buy it.
As to actual value I would price it at the number of a stock truck, I know that is not what you want to hear but buyers are not normally going to pay a premium for mods.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thinking about selling my truck. But....im clueless on what I should ask. Its a 2015 mega cab limited. 80K HPP/CTT 60hp tow tune CTS 2 monitor
Carli backcountry suspension
fuel wheels
ICI magnum steps
stainless diesel S465 2nd gen swap
D&J valve cover
pusher intake
valve springs
pushrods
head studs
fleece powerflo 850
BUILT 68
Billet input shaft
Billet flex plate
custom valve body w sonnex accumulator kit and D&J billet lower
sonnex Billet drum
suncoast triple disc torque converter

Ive put about 5000 miles on since all this work. I moved and just don't drive it anymore.
I can give ya 40k by this weekend :wink2::grin2:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'd like to see a pic of this bad boy. I'm in the business of buying cummins trucks 😁

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Sounds Desperate to me.:stirpot:

·
Registered
12,122 Posts
Here's my chance to sell my '17 C&C! Just over 10,000 miles, minimal modifications (charge air cooler and partial tint).
I wouldn't say that I'm a motivated seller, but what the hay.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts