Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright getting closer to paint my truck. Now when i got it the kid i believe used some rattle cans of flat black and paint the whole truck flat black covering the green the truck use to be. Now i'm going to paint the truck its original color which is moss green pearl coat (PJN paint code) so i dont have to paint everything like under hood and inside cab etc. Now how do i prep it for paint?? Do i just take off all the paint down to bare metal and then primer and paint?? I'm not going to do any of the painting just the prep work. All the help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you want it nice you have to strip it down and get that bomb can paint off. If the original paint was good then use it as your primer and sand down to it to 400 grit. then respray. If you want it REAL NICE sand to bare steel-do dent repair-epoxy prime-then primer surfacer-block sand til your hands bleed. More primer surfacer. block sand some more finishing with 600 grit. Epoxy sealer then basecoat clearcoat paint.
Wet sand with 1200 grit to start working up to 2000 grit to remove all orange peel then compound with 7 inch buffer set at 1500 rpm and yellow wool pad and mequires heavy cut cleaner. then buff with smooth yellow pad and meguires fine cut, then buff with black waffle pad and meguires swirl remover, then use yellow d/a pad and glazing for that final show truck gleam. There you go, in a nutshell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts