Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got it in the mail and it is an ugly light brown color... my interior is grey...

im assuming you must paint to match?

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Depends on the brand of the mount. Some come color matched, some don't. You can go to your dealer and pick up a can of color matched interior spray paint.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its actually the edge mount...Edge #38402.... is there a grey mount?

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Well that's the mount I have and sell and it matches my interior. That one is the best match to the interior color that I have seen.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Go to a local body shop supply store and Buy SEMS its the best stuff ever.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Pretty easy, just clean it with dish soap and water to remove oil and grease from your hands. I found a beige that was close to the lighter interior color of my truck.

Duplacolor has interior plastic paints.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just got mine installed, it matches fairly closely, but I don't like the fit of it. It just doesn't seem to fit tight enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just got mine installed, it matches fairly closely, but I don't like the fit of it. It just doesn't seem to fit tight enough.
Your monitor looks like it's half way in the pod? Check out the pic above, it should sit pretty flush.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, I messed with it, couldn't get it to go in the rest the way. The pod also isn't tight with the body, that picture doesn't show it but theres a gap over 1mm on the inside of the pillar also. Then they used that ugly damn screw to mount it, I'm not very impressed with it. On top of that they scratched the out of the bed of my truck(Had PDI install edge and dpf delete, they put the old exhaust in the back). Over all the product seems to be working good so far, but they weren't very careful with my truck and that doesn't please me much.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so how am i supposed to mount this pillar when there is almost 0 room to add this ontop of the current pillar with handle bar there?

i dont see how possible unless i change out the whole pillar..

keep in mind i only have the short pillar mount

·
Unreconstructed
6,463 Posts
I would recommend something made by Dupli-Color...

It's called "Bumper-Kote".

It adheres to metal, plastic, chrome, etc...(pretty much anything).

AND here's the coolest part!!!...It is FLEXIBLE!!!

So, it won't crack when you install, or remove your Edge A-Pillar Mount!

*** REALLY IMPORTANT!!!

...Be sure and let it cure 100% (24-hours), in a room-temp setting (70-75* F).

Oh, and wherever you let it dry overnight, make sure it's ventillated, b/c it has a really powerful smell, and you don't want to inhale too much of it, and you also don't want to stink-up your garage or shop! Haha!

Why don't you go to your local Car Quest, or auto-paint store, and ask for it, and I'll bet they have it!

I've presonally used it, and was thrilled with the outcome! It looks good, it's long-lasting, and it's really durable for "spray-paint".

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not worried about color im worried about getting it on the oem pillar... there is like no room to put it in there...

·
Unreconstructed
6,463 Posts
Should have bought the whole (full-size) Edge A-Pillar.

Probably wouldn't be much more expensive?

You oughta' call who you bought it from, and tell them that it doesn't fit right, and ask them if you can pay the price diff. in the complete A-Pillar mount???

It never hurts to ask...plus they're already injection-molded with the factory colors.

If you don't want to go that route...

The best way would be remove your factory A-Pillar, and superglue it where you want it...

Then fiberglass it to your A-Pillar.

Then sand.

Then wipe-down with pain-thinner (acetone), and let it dry completely.

Then paint it to match.

That's how I'd do it, if I were you...But I would call the place I bought it from first, and see if you can send that one back, and pay the diff. for the whole A-Pillar mount?

IMHO,

AMM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts