Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the trick to ordering dual 220 alternators on a 3500 SRW? My dealer says it's currently greyed out.

When ordering the aisin with SRW, we figured out you have to order it as a "sold" vehicle. Is there a similar trick to ordering the dual alternators?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just ordered a truck and could not get the 3.42 gears with a DRW.

·
White Lightning
14,231 Posts
What is the trick to ordering dual 220 alternators on a 3500 SRW? My dealer says it's currently greyed out.

When ordering the aisin with SRW, we figured out you have to order it as a "sold" vehicle. Is there a similar trick to ordering the dual alternators?
Member mcinfl has dual alternators on his 2014 3500....but his 3500 is DRW. I would think that DRW or SRW should make zero difference in dual alternator availability though. If it's "greyed out" there could be a supplier issue in regards to the alternator or wiring harness. Perhaps he can chime in....

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a 2014 SRW 3500 4x4 C/C. and ordered dual (220) alternators, and have them on my truck. I must be a supplier issue.......

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Member mcinfl has dual alternators on his 2014 3500....but his 3500 is DRW. I would think that DRW or SRW should make zero difference in dual alternator availability though. If it's "greyed out" there could be a supplier issue in regards to the alternator or wiring harness. Perhaps he can chime in....
Chime, chime, chime...

The salesman actually had the exact same problem when I ordered back on 10/2 - he said it wasn't available but I told him I really wanted it, and it was available in the consumer site options, so he called somebody at Ram who provides them support for the order process, and the guy walked him through something that enabled it. I talked with him a few days ago, and my truck is still the only non-chassis-cab truck he's ordered with the dual alternators... I know this doesn't help much, but maybe if you told your salesman that others have needed help getting it enabled, he'd have the same experience...

Reactions: 2010_laramie

·
Registered
214 Posts
Before selecting cold weather or snow plow package, select dual alts first. This will fix it.

When ordering my truck, as soon as you picked either package the greyouts started showing up.

When dual alts were selected, the snow plow package got greyed out but cold weather was still available.

Here is a copy of my POC, 3500 SRW with XF7:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...-deal-someone-looking-2500-a.html#post9792002

1 - 6 of 6 Posts