Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1998 12v 5 speed cummins. it is a mean truck and i wanna see her smoke like a mean truck. how can i get her to smoke with out spending a lot of money?

thanks.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
plastic bag over the air filter, turbo delete mod, flipping the airfilter backwards. look up "how to tune a p7100 pump".

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
when youre driving go from 1 or 2 to 5th gear and lug it, it'll smoke

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
crank the starwheel and smoke screw, but if you want it to run and perform good learn how to tune it to make power not just smoke. SMoke is cool but it does get old quicker than you may think

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has a #100 fuel plate in it. One of my friends told me to move it. how do i do that or is it ok?

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
Take it off and put it infront of the turbo.

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
Yeah take the plate out and put it in front of the turbo. :thumbsup:

Don't listen to me. I'm being sarcastic. :hehe:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
thats awesome!!!!

i just saw a huge tip like that on a joker yesterday, it looked RIDICULOUS!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
If it has a 100 plate it shuold roll some coal but not positive. If you really want here to smoke throw some 450 hp injectors on it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does roll smoke when i am punching it. I wanna be able to take off in 1st and see coal. and i was kidding about the 8 inch tip..lol that is way to huge i am looking for a 6 inch tip. I havent found a cheep on yet if there even is a cheep one.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It does roll smoke when i am punching it. I wanna be able to take off in 1st and see coal. and i was kidding about the 8 inch tip..lol that is way to huge i am looking for a 6 inch tip. I havent found a cheep on yet if there even is a cheep one.
Well thats gonna be hard to do, I drive a powerjoke everyday ( bosses truck ) with the bullydog chip up all the way and dont get much at all from first but in 2nd shell roll ok but shift to 3rd at a low and you cant see . If you want it to roll from a stop start off in 2nd.
As for your tip you werent kidding you have 2 post about where to find one, everybody has there own opinion but it will look good with the 6. Try ebay you can get lucky sometimes

·
Registered
195 Posts
These threads are endless. Maybe instead of a sticky we should send them an email on where to find this info with their confirmation of joining...? Apparently stickies and the search bar are too difficult for people to figure out...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts