Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here but just wanted to know what i can do to my 96' 12-valve to make more power and torque without killing my bank and keeping the truck in one piece. Any suggestions???

List of things done to it should be in my sig.
Any help would be appreciated!!!:cbadge:

·
Registered
368 Posts
have you got the boost elbow yet

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No i dont got a boost elbow. whats a good one to get?? How would i mod my afc?? Thanks for the info guys!:yourock:
Also on this note i plan on putting a 3gsk maybe some injectors and headstuds in the future so what would i need to do to my tranny so it dont blow up on me??

·
Registered
431 Posts
Call Goerend Brothers shop and tell them what you want to do. They are good and they are honest with good service. My waste gate is blocked off, don't use it. Some one may have one laying around they will give or sell to you cheap.

Goerend Transmission Incorporated

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup love those trannys but thats a little bit out of my price range lol...

·
Registered
898 Posts
got have tranny first start savin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How much power do you want? You can make mountains of power on a 12v for free, but it's going to break .

·
Cummins Power Addict
1,040 Posts
One word: KDP.

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to make desent power..i use the truck to haul hay and drive to school the work then home and every once in a while race another diesel:headbang:
Yea i know i need a tranny first cuz its an auto :doh:. but after i graduate highschool and college im hopefully getting a 4x4 so i can use this truck to haul.:S:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yup love those trannys but thats a little bit out of my price range lol...
LOL.

then, no power for you.

$650 VB

$900 input shaft

$950 Converter.

That's all you need.

Can't afford that, then get ready for rebuild after rebuild of that auto trans, plus alot of horsepower getting lost into the converter instead of on the road..

Merrick

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will eventually get done i just gotta start saving for it and was wondering what to do first. i looked at suncoast trans and i like them, will they handle a lot of power??

·
Registered
431 Posts
Suncoast is also good. As has been said above, KDP!!! Has it been done yet? If the pin falls out and munches gears it's bad ju ju and some bucks to get it back on the road. First things first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts