Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How to lower 3rd gen. cummins??????

38671 Views 23 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  akDBLE O
I have an 04.5 and im wanting to lower it. what would be the best way to go through with that? :confused013:
Thanks
Reactions: jmorris89
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
4x4 or 4x2?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm goin for a new look. Its a 4x4 and prolly just take out my leveling blocks in the front. and for the back would i just take the blocks out? if so is hard to do?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what bout if i want to lower the front end a lil bit more. just get different coil springs in the front im guessin?

· Registered
369 Posts
Its not a 4x4..but here is a 2004 2wd..stock height in the front and lowered about an 1" on the rear. All I did was flip some stuff around on the rearend and Wa-lah!!! instant hawtness :thumbsup: and for those 4x4 puritans...I am sure if you guys want to start making his truck note he will more than happy to let you decided what to do to his truck...I know I would...as a matter of fact donations can be made to my truck note fund PM me for details...:hehe:

· Registered
39 Posts
yea that would work. You could just cut a 1/2 or 1 coil out and see what it does. It would be free. If you don't like it then spend the money on springs.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok thanks guys..i think itll look bad when i do it. not too many guys do this to their trucks so why not change it up

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats what im wantin

· Registered
1,231 Posts
what would me nice, with tires on the inside of fenders, instead of stickin out so far.

· Registered
356 Posts
Its not a 4x4..but here is a 2004 2wd..stock height in the front and lowered about an 1" on the rear. All I did was flip some stuff around on the rearend and Wa-lah!!! instant hawtness :thumbsup: and for those 4x4 puritans...I am sure if you guys want to start making his truck note he will more than happy to let you decided what to do to his truck...I know I would...as a matter of fact donations can be made to my truck note fund PM me for details...:hehe:
What did you flip around? I'd like to do this to mine.

· Registered
469 Posts
This is exactly what I want to do to mine also. I've having problems with my fifthwheel pulling level so I am going to take the blocks out of the rear and just put air in my bags to keep it from sagging, but if this doesn't get it low enough I'm open to doing more. Please post if you have any ideas on how to do this. Thanks,

Doug

· Registered
369 Posts
What did you flip around? I'd like to do this to mine.
I will try to explain this the best I can without pictures....and not sound like a ra-tard :hehe:...I unbolted the U bolts that hold everything together and took the 3/4"-1" blocks that were in between the leaf springs and the rearend and put them on the bottom of the rearend...this sits the leaf springs right down on the rearend and if you bolt them up on the bottom you dont have to buy shorter U bolts....FREE lowering kit. Now it didnt 100% drop it level with the front but its damn close as you can see in the picture. The only way to get it completly level is to drop the load spring out of it and get shorter U bolts..still wouldnt cost to much but then you would have a 3/4 ton that can tow like a 1/2 ton...:hehe:. I have had my helper bag kit sitting in my buddy's shop for a while now..but like I said been rollin on stockers for a little bit now and just dont think it will look right with stock wheels n tires on it...soooooo I am going to wait till I get my 22's back on it then I even got a few more tricks up my sleeve...stay tuned:thumbsup:

· Registered
3,378 Posts
yup i did this on mine gave me about 1-1/4 drop in the rear. i don't know how low you can go in the front due the the clearance between the axle and oil pan.

this is how it sits now, a little rake but not as much as before removing the blocks in back.

· Registered
11 Posts
heres my 04' dodge lowered alittle bit :D its fully bagged layin frame on 22's

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

*edit thats why i dont usually post alot about mine and how its bagged b/c 99.99% of diesel owners/ truck owners think its a waste... but i like it so who cares right... and those other trucks look good too

2,204 Posts
heres my 04' dodge lowered alittle bit :D its fully bagged layin frame on 22's

View attachment 21216

*edit thats why i dont usually post alot about mine and how its bagged b/c 99.99% of diesel owners/ truck owners think its a waste... but i like it so who cares right... and those other trucks look good too
That looks sweet. Have any pics of the bag setup?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.