Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is for my 98 12v but should all be same info and seems more people on the vp forums...

ok lookin to start addin power to the truck but as i found out with my 99 cummins that power don't mean crap if your tranny can't hold up to it

ok so my question is what all needs to be done to a transmission to be able to add power and be able to do a little street light racin and few boosted launches...

thanks for any and all info.

· Registered
335 Posts
Haven`t delt with the autos but transco makes some shifts kits for em. Id imagine ur gonna want a better converter and a torque loc to get started.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
ok this is for my 98 12v but should all be same info and seems more people on the vp forums...

ok lookin to start addin power to the truck but as i found out with my 99 cummins that power don't mean crap if your tranny can't hold up to it

ok so my question is what all needs to be done to a transmission to be able to add power and be able to do a little street light racin and few boosted launches...

thanks for any and all info.
These autos are junk end of story

· Registered
1,472 Posts
well they arnt completely junk just need a lot of work to make them strong

· Registered
1,472 Posts
2500$?????????? for your truck..... my tranny was about 7grand

· Registered
1,472 Posts
do you have billet shafts?

· Registered
1,472 Posts
man tx02 wish you could make it down we are having a gathering and some back roads racing either tomorrow or saterday

· Registered
335 Posts
So whats the deal with the billet craze? Its just made from solid stock like most of it is they just say billet and jack the price up. Or so iv heard from a couple machinists.:confused013:

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
So whats the deal with the billet craze? Its just made from solid stock like most of it is they just say billet and jack the price up. Or so iv heard from a couple machinists.:confused013:
Billet is one solid piece of metal not forged or cast, this means much higher quality and stronger metal. Which inturn takes more wear and tear before it kills over!

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.