Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get this tach

ISSPRO R5503 TACHOMETER GAUGE (0-4000 RPM)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

and this mount

STEERING COLUMN MOUNT - SINGLE ('94-'02 DODGE)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

Anyone see a problem with this?

Also, I am trying to figure out the best way to hook it up. I keep hearing about a factory plug under the dash on the 93's for a tach hookup. Word on the street is that ISSPro makes a kit that hooks their tach (above link) to that plug. Do they still make this? Does anyone have a link or a part number for this cable? Thanks.

And, to anyone who has it, does this plug supply the RPM signal only? Or does it have power, ground, and lighting too? IIRC, someone said it was a flat-4 wire plug. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
destroked has a tach adapter with a 4 pulse which is what most gas tachs like autometer want to see

·
Registered
375 Posts
I want to get this tach

ISSPRO R5503 TACHOMETER GAUGE (0-4000 RPM)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

and this mount

STEERING COLUMN MOUNT - SINGLE ('94-'02 DODGE)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

Anyone see a problem with this?

Also, I am trying to figure out the best way to hook it up. I keep hearing about a factory plug under the dash on the 93's for a tach hookup. Word on the street is that ISSPro makes a kit that hooks their tach (above link) to that plug. Do they still make this? Does anyone have a link or a part number for this cable? Thanks.

And, to anyone who has it, does this plug supply the RPM signal only? Or does it have power, ground, and lighting too? IIRC, someone said it was a flat-4 wire plug. Thanks.
Run with it ARbowhunter7 there is under the dash and the plug is there on the engine near the damper for the pickup also Ill have to look on my 92 to see the under dash part will be tomorrow ok?
PS a pickup for a 94 up 12v also works :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you have a flat faced ISSPRO tach, it wont work without the little adaptor kit (and the diode, cathode, or whatever that is inline with the signal wire).

If you have an EV tach (bubble faced), it should work just fine with the factory wiring, no kit needed.

DP

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used the EV model, works perfectly using the factory connector. Pic is when i was doing LED conversion & installing the 5503 tach and that pod. I can see to 80 / 85 mph comfortably.

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
what part do i need to get the single from the crank? whats it called?

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks!

Huge Thanks to Carrnutt! I spent hours looking at the isspro kit but there isnt a description for it anywhere! The diesel performance shops on the internet really should give a better description or at least a link to the instructions so people can see whether it will work for their application and mechanical ability! Thumbs down for all the shops carrying this item without a detailed description! Isspros instruction site doesnt even have the 8912 in their part number directory! Thanks again!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Awesome! I'm glad the information helped. It took some searching for sure.

But I have to say, ISSPRO is my go to source for gauges. When I called them, they went out of their way to research and even attempted to do something to a gauge that i was asking about, just to see if it was possible before I purchased it. They called me back and informed me it wasn't, saving me from wasting money and then offered me several options as solutions, none of which were at a higher cost than the original plan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts