Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a double deck nav unit for the truck but the OEM stereo has the rabbit ears in the trim.... is there a replacement trim or something to make this look good?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
yes there is an adapoter plate you need to buy from any A/V car stereo shop

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed a Pioneer AVIC D-3 (double din) in my 07. I bought a bezel from the dealer for a truck equipped with factory navigation. Once you have that you need an installation kit - I used a Metra. Then you need an antenna adaptor(Metra) and a interface box - Peripheral Electronics. The box gives you outputs for VSS (vehicle speed), lights, reverse and basically makes the job easy. The hard parts are rounding up the components - one hour install. Sounds more complicated than it is!

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Can you still use the SIRIUS radio system that comes with truck or do you have to get a new seperate sat system and antena?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I installed a Pioneer AVIC D-3 (double din) in my 07. I bought a bezel from the dealer for a truck equipped with factory navigation. Once you have that you need an installation kit - I used a Metra. Then you need an antenna adaptor(Metra) and a interface box - Peripheral Electronics. The box gives you outputs for VSS (vehicle speed), lights, reverse and basically makes the job easy. The hard parts are rounding up the components - one hour install. Sounds more complicated than it is!
I dont think i need the box for mine...what factory stereo did you have?

Thats the same way im putting in my Avic z2, got the bezel and metra kit off ebay. The Metra kit 99-6510 talks about double stacking single din units in the nave bezel so that is what you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts